[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reserved hardware memory good? I just installed 16gbs of memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: gtrerrtge.png (33KB, 766x481px) Image search: [Google]
gtrerrtge.png
33KB, 766x481px
Is reserved hardware memory good? I just installed 16gbs of memory and its showing 8.1gb reserved. Should I worry about this?
>>
File: e.jpg (3KB, 93x60px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
3KB, 93x60px
I got 16gb too
>>
>>55828227
what the hell, I tried everything to get it reduced. i was able to get one gig free but its still holding the rest.
>>
>>55828283
install gentoo
>>
>>55828193
Do you have onboard graphics?
>>
File: itjustwerks.jpg (106KB, 810x617px) Image search: [Google]
itjustwerks.jpg
106KB, 810x617px
here's mine lol, op you got memory leak somewhere reinstall your windows.
>>
File: file.png (1KB, 183x47px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1KB, 183x47px
>>55828193
>>
>>55828765
>>55828799
i just finished reinstalling windows, still the same thing and no i have 970video card.
>>
What's your cpu?
>>
File: 1459284195857.png (72KB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
1459284195857.png
72KB, 1366x738px
>>
>>55831120
Amd a8 7600
>>
>>55828193
I dont know if you are baiting or not but you just need to install 64 bit windows 7
>>
>>55831315
I just installed windows 10 and nothing happened. Idk if i want to go through the process of putting windows 7 in. I might do the same. Why install 7?
>>
I have 4x8GB but one of the DIMMs keeps causing me blue screens so i'm running 3x8GB in triple channel at the moment.
>>
>>55831403
it's a memory leak, are u still using generic Windows driver? update driver gpu first and see if still leak.
>>
>>55831449
Yeah I'll give a try. When i put the new video card. I didnt use the cd it came with. My friend sent me a link to the drivers so maybe he given me the wrong driver.
>>
>>55831721
If you downloaded something then it was the right drivers, they wouldnt install if they weren't.

Microsoft drivers are installed automatically so any drivers you installed would have overridden the generic microsoft driver.

You can try again making sure to do a clean install of the driver, but honestly you sound so incompetent im not sure if you can even manage to do that without fucking up.
>>
>>55831403
You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Even if you try to filter it off at the router level, you're still fucked if you use more than your home connection.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example. They _will_ break whatever workaround you use.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.
>>
>>55831721
when you have your dgpu in, disable the a8's igpu in the BIOS. this will probably fix it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.