[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/, if you wanted to replicate life, how you go about programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

So /g/, if you wanted to replicate life, how you go about programming DNA? I need inspiration, and a second opinion always helps
>>
>inb4 start with a visual BASIC gui
>>
You meet a nice girl and have sex after building a healthy relationship based on mutual respect for each other individuality.
>>
>>55826764
You can't
>>
>>55826764
Assembly
>>
>>55826798
Man, bullshit. I mean, I get you probably couldn't have the same level of detail, but there's definitely some things you could do.
>>
>>55826764
Genetic algorithms :^)
>>
>>55826821
Create a amoeba then
>>
>>55826798
Of course you can. We just don't know how yet, but we're getting much closer. We know a lot more about how DNA and RNA work these days, things like gene expression and how to use chemicals to switch genes on and off. Gene therapy is becoming a real thing and will be really huge in the future.

We can already clone shit from a single cell if we really felt like it. The stupid moral bullshit spewing idiots are the only thing holding it back. Someone needs to just clone a person in the name of progress, even if they get thrown in prison. Take one for the team in the name of progress, somebody.
>>
>>55826798
Why? Why can't you chemically "assemble" each atom and then give it a little "push"?
>>
>>55826889
I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
>>55826901
You can't, not in this century.
>>
>>55826889
>implying haven't cloned a person already

I doubt a Russian doctor didn't tb.h
>>
>>55826918
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>55826915
I seriously wonder if someone went and stole genetic material from some really famous/rich dude and cloned him, then told the media about it, what would happen? The shitstorm would be fucking delicious. It's not like they can kill the innocent child.
>>
>>55826889
Nigga, shit is so complex you can't put it on a PC yet. Also cloning != writing generic code on PC
>>
>>55826951
Assembly. Happy?
>>
>>55826994
agreed, it is a bit off topic. And of course this couldn't be done on a pc, it would have to be some sort of cluster. Although, that does raise the question of how big a cluster.
>>
>>55826994
I know that, but it's all interrelated. We have to first be able to copy the existing properly and understand exactly how it works before we try to make shit from scratch, don't you think?

We're already making new lifeforms by splicing genes from one creature into another. Doctors have started taking harmless bacteria and putting genes into them that make them fight off other shit or secrete the chemicals they want them to.
>>
>>55826968
This can work, see Dolly.
>>
Bacterias are not more alive than computers
>>
>>55826901
sticky fingers problem
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.