[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ Im new to this board And im wondering why linux is superior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: okay_I_killed_it_now_what.jpg (599KB, 1504x1416px) Image search: [Google]
okay_I_killed_it_now_what.jpg
599KB, 1504x1416px
Hi /g/
Im new to this board
And im wondering why linux is superior to everything?
>>
And im also wondering what language I should learn first.
>>
>>55823225
That pic, every fucking time
>>
It isn't
Nothing
Go home
>>
>>55823253
C then Python
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/index.html
>>
>>55823298
Ok, thanks
>>
>>55823298
sorry other way around
>>
>>55823318
Oh okey
>>
It was written by nerds, for nerds.
Men who would probably have sex with
a SPARC workstation rather than a woman
if they could. That's what makes it so nice
for a nerd to use.
Python then C.
>>
>>55823298
>>55823318
this is a surprisingly good advice, considering how shitty /g/'s advices on such things usually are.

>>55823225
>And im wondering why linux is superior to everything?
Linux-Distros are like Windows 7 except they will be supported for ever and the are usually free (free as in freedom).
>>
if your gonna learn c and python a Debian testing install would be good. Programming C and python on a UNIX system is way less clunky then on a windows machine
>>
>>55823417
Im pretty new to this as well, how would it make a difference?
>>
>>55823473
Op here
Ive heard that debian is "spesialy" designed for that purpose
>>
>>55823473
it just makes setup easier you can develop just as well on a windows system its just that more of the c and python development community is based on linux so dependencies and software that your going to use for development are native to linux whereas on windows your going to have to find more workarounds.

>>55823572
debian is just a very well rounded distribution it dosent break as often as an arch installation but with the testing version of the os you will have access to more than enough software
>>
>>55823473
Programming involves using libraries and header files which are written functions from other people in your own code. It's really important, for example if you want to include regex.h to use regular expressions in your program. On windows the accessibility of libraries and the functionality of compilers for using them is lackluster and often requires a giant visual studio setup, in my case it's many painstaken minutes configuring a mini *nix type environment called minGW + msys to compile libs and headers together. It's much easier to write on linux as you can just apt-get install <libwhatever> and include it, then port it over to windows after the fact.
>>
>>55823629
>>55823584
Thanks based anons
>>
>>55823647
np man
>>
>>55823225
*why is linux superior to everything
Learn to English.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.