[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just upgraded to windows 10 and frankly I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

So I just upgraded to windows 10 and frankly I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It works just fine, all of my peripherals, printers etc work fine. Games all run fine. Why does /g/ hate it again?

Is it really just the Linux shills trying to push their outdated os?
>>
holy shit does this really need another thread?
>>
pretty much. Im use all three OS' and honestly i haven't had any major problems with W10. Do i like W7 more? Yes. But W10 is pretty badass.

>Inb4 hurr spying

Im not a pedofaggot
>>
>>55816860
Basically there is no reason not to upgrade. If you don't do it now enjoy not being able to play that new game in 1-2 years that requires the new DirectX or paying $120 to buy the thing.
>>
>>55816819
I thought that too until it started auto updating and breaking shit, resetting my settings and uninstalling a couple of programs that it didn't think was 'compatible'.
>>
>>55816819
Been using it in a VM for a while now. started with LTSB out of caution, but wiped it and installed regular Enterprise since it was far too cut down, and the complete lack of updates was actually terrible.
>>
>>55816931
If it does that just run them in a vm or on your dual booted linux partition. No reason to gimp your gaming because your afraid microsoft will know as much about you as google does through google analitics and your android phone.
>>
Hey OP "pajeet" how are you?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=poo+to+the+loo
>>
>>55816819
I hope they bring the subscription model to home users, especially the pirates.
>>
>>55816819
that shilling. it' your last chance to earn 10 rupees pajeet.
>>
>>55817045
Also having ads in your goddamned OS.
>>
>>55816819
The fuck is that thing at the end?
>>
>>55817029
in your mind is that really a solution? Also I don't care much that i was being spied on. I cared about my shit getting fucked up with every modest sized update. Often times when I'd go to change my settings back it, they looked like they were still set the way I had them but windows was behaving like they had all been switched to their default settings. Even turning them back and forth didn't fix it. Eventually with another update I could change them again but that update fucked some other settings.

That OS it pretty garbage and the 3 games that will be windows 10 exclusive that will be worth palying doesn't really make it worth it.
>>
>>55816860

>Im not a pedofaggot

Still doesn't entitle you to be an asshole to pedosexual people. You should show them your support by boycotting products that compromise them.
>>
It it works for you then use it.
>>
>>55817099
Xbox one.
>>
[spoiler]Pajeet[/spoiler] strikes again!
>>
>>55816897
torrent it u dumbfuck
>>
>>55816819
Your not a developer or you would hate it.

Its always scanning and updating constantly slowing everything to a crawl.
>>
>>55816819
>>55816897

This blatant Microsoft paid shilling is fucking disgusting. Take your botnet trash and leave /g/, you're not wanted here
>>
Why try 10? Is there really a significant feature on it that makes it different from 7? The whole reason I got 7 was because of the interface. But the new interface for 10 looks like shit.
>>
>>55818854
>Is there really a significant feature on it that makes it different from 7?
It makes things easier for MS. Nothing for the consumer or small companies.
>>
>>55816819
No thanks, I will wait for windows 11.
>>
File: c u c k e d.png (178KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
c u c k e d.png
178KB, 499x499px
>microsoft disables some group policy settings
>microsoft won't let you disable cortana
Enjoy being cucked by pooinloos.
>>
>>55816897
>muh games
>>>/v/
>>
>>55816819
>outdated os
er, what?
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (82KB, 800x434px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
82KB, 800x434px
>>55817311
Pedofaggot detected
>>
>>55816860
in this day in age any form of sexual degeneracy is accepted by Liberals. However you can lose your job or get kicked out of college if they know you come to a fucking weeb white nationalist website.
>>
>>55818939
Just upgraded, and I don't see cortana enabled.
>>
>>55816931
>resetting my settings and uninstalling a couple of programs that it didn't think was 'compatible'.

It does not actually do that.
>>
>>55816819
I just upgraded yesterday, and so far, I feel like it has slowed down a lot of things like loading times and general responsiveness. My memory usage is only around 50%, yet it feels worse than when it was hovering around 90% in Windows 8.1 when I had nearly 500 tabs open.
>>
>>55818758
Got any links? The most complicated things I've torrented are AI and PS, and I am a bit wary of pirating an entire OS because of the risk.
>>
>>55819118
Check your task manager. What do you see? Cortana. It always runs in background.
>>
>>55819198
>>55819118

1. Navigate to C:\Windows
2. Create folder SystemApps.bak
3. Take ownership of c:\windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy
(gain ownership of anything else you want to move)
4. Cut/Paste the folder(s) from SystemApps to SystemApps.bak
5. When the "Permissions" pop-up appears... switch to Taskmanager
6. Kill SearchUI.exe process
7. Switch back and give permission to move the folder.
>>
>>55819241
That works too but the search from taskbar will become unusable.
>>
>>55819261
install Classic Shell, search still works there
>>
>>55816833
It's MS shilling in full force before the upgrade period ends. Ignore and hide.
>>
Ok, how do i disable all that spying telemetry shit? There was a nice article somewhere, very exhausting and thorough and I can't find it now and aparently I don't have a bookmark.
>>
>>55819933
Upgrade to 7/8.1.
>>
>>55819781
>upgrade period ends
it doesn't apparently, but the gwx shit gets removed from your system though, you'll have to go to their website now
>>55820338
>>
>>55818854
yea. looks better more up to date. store. netflix. recovery etc
>>
>>55820487
It's one thing to troll when it comes to which distro to choose but the majority of people are dumb enough to believe /g/ saying "it isn't bad". Their stupidity will end up fucking you in the ass when you have to install Windows Assrape edition to be able to work with them.
>>
>>55816819
Compatibility issues aside the biggest one is privacy. If you won't defend your own privacy you deserve enslavement.
>>
>>55816819
mine failed to update :(
>>
>>55816819
You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example.
You should not support this operating system.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example.
>>
>>55821279
They're disabling Group Policy on everything below Enterprise with the next Win10 update. It's a fucking joke OS.
>>
>>55821440
Even fucking reddit is up on arms about it. REDDIT. Someone messed up big time.
>>
I tried it once when it came out, and it was total shit. Half of my drivers worked, and a few of my vital programs didn't make the transition. Tried it again yesterday, and it still won't recognize dolby, so I have no way of universally EQing my cheap chinese headphones. Also, the way it words things really pisses me off. "You can turn off updates for now, but we'll turn them back on later." what the fuck? Random updates are the reason why programs and drivers randomly stop working. If the OS is working fine, I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING UPDATE.
>>
>>55821574
we're happy you're here
>>
>>55816819
>decide to upgrade
>updater goes to 100% 3 times taking 6 hours
>finally tells me to reboot
>nothing happened

>decide to make USB installer
>finally installs
>slow as fuck
>start menu takes 20 seconds to appear
>CPU between 30-70% while idling

another trainwreck of an OS
>>
>>55817066
if pajeet wants rupees so much he can just poo in the loo
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33980904
>>
>>55821724
World power by 2030.
>>
>>55816819
Enjoy you shekel Isaac

sage
>>
>>55821778
It used to be world power by 2020?
>>
>>55821826
The poo slowed progress.
>>
>>55819138
>try w10
>clean install, nothing seem odd
>ethernet use at 10% on idle, router blinking like crazy over port and internet.
>fug botnet'd
>stop bitching services like wuauserv and bits
>still in 2% use, use shutup10 to stop telemetry and shit
>use finally is 0%
>install speccy and steam to try some bench crap
>finish, turn off computer, "installing updates".
>boot again because updates were installed despite windows update service was killed.
>security options changed to default "yes" from configuration panel, wuault/bits services in automatic again, p2p windows update back, telemetry shit and cortana forced on again.
>destop is missing like half of icons
>2 notifications
>we uninstalled speccy and steam because it was considered a potential risk object.

how about no, sanjay you fucking piece of shit.
>>
how the fuck do I cancel the updated? I misclicked and told the computer to update now

a percentage is filling and there is no way to cancel it

what the fuck do I do?

help
>>
>>55822032
Well now you've gone and done it

You're fucked

Don't drag us down with you
>>
>>55822080
But I need to cancel to cancel this shit out. Its 90% completed.

You are my last hope, anon. How do I stop the update.
>>
>>55822032
prepare thy anush
>>
>>55822099
Kill the task

Shutdown computa

Hit cancel

nigga I don't know
>>
>>55822115
I tried shutting it down, I actually took the power supply out, when I turned the PC back on it was still updating.

There is no cancel button. There are 2 buttons. Technical Support, and Minimize.

This is bullshit.

I will try to kill the task...but what is that going to do to my computer? Wouldn't it fuck it all up? Glad its stuck at 90%
>>
I upgraded to 10 to move to linux. I mean 10 is way better than 8.1, which is what I was previously on, but once you get your chosen linux distro up and running there's really no going back.
>>
>>55816819
Agreed, I upgraded last week after balking at Windows 10 from the start. It's alright. It has better options for my two-monitor display, and features like disabling driver signatures, which makes it less of a headache to use a PS3 controller on Windows. I just unpinned all the tiles and my start menu is normal-sized now, plus the file explorer finally has an up button again.
>>
>>55822393
>>
>>55822153
Kill da task mayne
>>
File: 1462247126651.jpg (297KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462247126651.jpg
297KB, 533x800px
>>55816819
>One product family One platform One store
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.