[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is M$ perpetrating misogynistic sentiment by making a core feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: cor.png (117KB, 520x349px) Image search: [Google]
cor.png
117KB, 520x349px
Is M$ perpetrating misogynistic sentiment by making a core feature of their OS symbolic of a woman, that has become intrusively possessive?
>>
>M$
super edgy
>>
Cortana isn't a woman its an AI, and if you read that far into things without realizing that, you deserve misogynistic sentiment.
>>
File: Cortana.png (96KB, 240x575px) Image search: [Google]
Cortana.png
96KB, 240x575px
>>55811513

>female name
>female game character
>female default voice

sure, totally not symbolic of a woman. They really nailed it, creating gender-neutral AI.
>>
>>55811423
>raped again...
Thanks M$?!
>>
>>55811513
Cortana in the Halo series is an AI. Cortana on Windows is just a voice assistant. There's a big difference between these.
>>
>>55811607
>Thanks M$?!
omG lulz M$ so fucking clever! keep doing that shit
>>
>>55811602
A female voice is far easier to create an accurate tone for than a male voice. Female voices naturally have far less tonal range and emotion than male voices, and commonly sound better to the majority of people.
>>
>>55811423
It's an asset. They are mimicking the feel of having a gf really good. The only thing MS needs to come up with now is a device manipulated by Cortana that strokes your dick, and she is finished.
>>
>>55811886
And an avatar ( nude or not) :^)
>>
>>55811766
PR aint their strong suit.
>>
>>55811766
M$ has been a thing longer than you have been alive.
>>
File: fB6P-Rl-.jpg (56KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fB6P-Rl-.jpg
56KB, 512x512px
>>55811423
All they need to do is make her real and I will forget about the privacy issues and whatnot.
>>
>>55811783
This and also because there's some sort of psychological comfort that comes about from women's voices for most people than men's voices.
>>
>>55813656
Tesco in the UK have changed all their self service machines from female to male voices. Both male and female customers found requests from a female voice to be infuriating, no one wants a hoe telling you what to do.
>>
>>55813705
It might just be an amerifat thing then. I have never heard any machine ever say anything to me in a voice that wasn't female and I did in fact find sauce on this a while ago talking about how some troubled women with their past boyfriends would beat the shit out of them and make them afraid to talk to male robots.
>>
>>55813199
dubs of truth
>listen MS
>give us gf and we stop giving a shit
>>
>>55811783
No female voice in the history of Humanity could ever beat the voices of Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons, Vincent Price, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones (Darth Vader), Michael Ironside, and Morgan 'Niecefucker' Freeman, among many others.

Even iconic female voices of today belong to dumb bitch whore singers who are attempting to copy Michael Jackson and fail miserably.
>>
>>55811602
What a fat disgusting slut.
>>
>>55813656
That's only if they sound cute.
They never sound cute.

I'd rather have a robot sound male, since all it's doing is spitting out instructions.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.