[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to learn Haskell >see this shit WHAT THE FUCK someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: wtf.png (26KB, 1143x203px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
26KB, 1143x203px
>try to learn Haskell
>see this shit
WHAT
THE
FUCK
someone explain this to me
>>
>>55805278
In Haskell, when you enter just T by itself, you are soliciting the user for input. It's the equivalent of keyboard.nextLine() in Java. R will give you a random number based on what you typed.
>>
File: batman.jpg (36KB, 493x542px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
36KB, 493x542px
>>55805353
nigga wat
>>
>>55805278
i haven't taken a look, but i would guess that this is explained later in the text.
>>
>>55805278
Well once upon a time someone gave a maths book and a computer to an autistic child. The child then created Haskell
>>
>>55805278
wikipedia math articles are almost always worse than useless.

I'm not even sure if the people who write them understand what the fuck they're writing.
>>
>>55805278
For the first
T means it takes something that has the T type
(T->R) means it takes a function a function that takes a T and returns a R
R means the result of the function is a R.
In short, you give a T variable and a function to the function and use that T variable on the function to return a result with the R type.
Mathematical: result = f(t).
>>
>>55805278
return looks like flip ($)
>>
>>55806448
They are probably written by fedora tippers pretending to be smart
>>
>>55806448
>>55806739
you are just stupid. accept it
>>
>>55805278
Don't bother. Nobody in their right mind would use continuations. Let alone the continuation monad.
>>
What kind of job would someone get using Haskell?
>>
>>55806831
Mental ward patient.
>>
>>55806831
Data miner at Facebook.
>>
>>55806831
I've heard Haskell is used in nautral language processing, but I'm not sure how big it is.
>>
File: haskell.png (12KB, 225x321px)
haskell.png
12KB, 225x321px
>>55805278
Obligatory:
>>
>>55806448
that just means you lack the requisite level of mathematical rigour to comprehend them
stop projecting
>>
>>55805278
Anybody with half a brain, or has at least had some exposure to simple discrete mathematics or college algebra should have no issues with this with a basic amount of effort.

Anyways, I don't think Haskell is appropriate for your average code monkey / bootcamper.
>>
>>55805278
Lol, my mom majored is Haskell, she now sells health supplements.
>>
>>55805278

don't try to explain it. type the code, run it through a debugger and learn by experience. also wikipedia a shit.
>>
>>55810028

did she get accepted into a top 10 cs program and finish only to realize her degree was useless? she should have done a phd in math. $300k starting, any job she wants.
>>
>>55810406
Oh fuck, I'm sorry, it was Pascal she learned, she's not that young.
>>
>>55810574
Post a pic of her tits
>>
>>55806831
My prof said you will be able to work as a faggot.

You will only get a job with it if you are a Biology major.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.