[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone want to try cracking this problem before windows 10 update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: windows-icd.png (94KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
windows-icd.png
94KB, 800x450px
Anyone want to try cracking this problem before windows 10 update period expires.

>Only IT guy

>Have computers that just display signage

>Boss wants windows 10 on them, ok.

>No DVD drive

>No keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen

>Little capability to have tech go over there

>Computers connected via wireless, not allowing PXEboot

>Computers all have windows 7 & teamviewer installed. Also some proprietary software installed.

>Tests show computer stalling at Windows welcome/Machine OOBE needing user input to get through, and I have no keyboard/mouse

>Tests show teamviewer failing to activate until user account is entered into twice. This can be deal with by getting employee to turn computer on/off but it means I can't use teamviewer to get through machine oobe.

Basically my problem is realistically I could upgrade to 10, but I'd rather employees especially since they will have to steal a mouse from the manager office not have to click through the initial OOBE settings. I've made custom windows images and clean installed them to skip OOBE settings before, but I've always done it in conjunction with installing from USB or network, and never with 10. I have no idea how the fuck this is gonna work when my only option is an in-place upgrade or somehow initiating a clean install from within the OS which I've never done before and am not even sure is possible.

There are not THAT many computers to upgrade though so I might not bother. Not so many I couldn't work around this problem, enough this problem would be annoying and make me look bad.

>/g/ is not tech support

I've got to imagine I'm not the only person rushing to install 10 and this seemed like an interesting enough problem.
>>
>I've got to imagine I'm not the only person rushing to install 10
In a professional environment I would hazard a guess and say you are actually.

Don't make yourself look so stupid, Win7 support ends in 2020 and if your company wanted Windows 10 bad enough you wouldn't be scrambling at the last minute to get it.

You look like such a fucking clown even asking about this
>>
>>55804856
Company owned by friend few days ago

"I'll pay you money to install win10 on all my computers"

Me

"OK"
>>
>>55804773
you could take hdd out and perform install on another computer, don't have to go all through with it, just until the first reboot
>>
>>55806261
Hard drives are mini-pciE ssds although that's not the worst idea I've heard since I have systems that can read them, I'm basically eliminating anything that requires me physically going in. Really in place upgrade + install USB + click through options to get in place upgrade to work is less arduous though.

I'm going to try and get OOBE to skip with the

(PATH OF ISO or USB drive)\setup.exe /auto upgrade /showoobe none

switches.

If it works or it doesn't I basically have to start installing windows really really soon. I've never tried using the switches with win10 before so I have no idea what they'll do
>>
Fucking rights it actually works.

(PATH OF ISO or USB drive)\setup.exe /auto upgrade /showoobe none

DOES skip the first time install settings like choosing express settings for an in-place upgrade

Thanks for nothing /g/ except for this guy >>55806261 he's cool
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.