[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know where I can purchase Baby AT cases like pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: babyat.jpg (71KB, 269x550px) Image search: [Google]
babyat.jpg
71KB, 269x550px
Anyone know where I can purchase Baby AT cases like pic related? Trying to restore some old systems.
>>
>>55804500
time to go dumpster diving.
>>
I've got a bunch of these in my garage. Used condition. You looking for new?
>>
>>55804550

Used would be fine, so long as they're complete.
>>
The mobo has no IO? Is it all pcie?
>>
>>55804500
>>55804722

I'm not understanding those case knockouts. The Baby AT motherboards I'm seeing have the traditional layout of IO along the top left with daughterboard connectors underneath (ISA, PCI). That parallel port placement doesn't make sense unless the port free floated on a cable.
>>
>>55804500
Don't know but that case looks mighty shit for any kind of airflow.
>>
>>55804500
>The 'K' and 'M' labels for the PS/2 ports
Nostalgia.

Anyway, I'm sure you're looking at the restoration from a purist's eye, so I'm not sure how helpful this will be... but I found a couple old IBM and SUN boxes with similar punchouts that might work for you... but they had the now-standard IO panel in the back, so you'd need to fab your own blockoff or whatever.

Otherwise, I dunno... estate sales, yard sales, word of mouth from likely areas? Boomer-aged engineers, folks who were in the game back then. I've had luck with that, but exclusively among rich older folks in Southern California who happen to be generous packrats.

I've had LOTS of luck at Salvation Army and independent resale shops. Less at Goodwill.
>>
>>55804722
>Is it all pcie?
are you for real, nigga?

>>55804895
that's exactly what they did, like every board after the late 386 era had integrated serial/parallel IO headers
>>
>>55804722
They had a keyboard port, that's about it. Some rare examples had built in IO too though, I've seen IBM systems with video output on the board.
>>
>>55805120

>that's exactly what they did, like every board after the late 386 era had integrated serial/parallel IO headers

Interesting, thanks. I should have poked around more in my uncle's Tandys.
>>
>>55804500
pro-tip for sleeper builders
you can unscrew USB ports from USB brackets and screw them into DB9 punchouts like those

that way you don't have to waste space for an expansion slot
>>
>>55805166
<autism>you wouldn't have seen it in a Tandy because they typically integrated everything</autism>

it was all over the place with whiteboxes though, saved you a slot or two spent on useless blanks with holes in them to mount the ports in

>>55805252
I never knew that, nice
>>
>>55804919

This predates enthusiast gaming and whatnot, anon...
>>
File: Sick Colors, Brah.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px)
Sick Colors, Brah.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>55805658

>yeah
>but can it play King's Quest
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.