[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/int eractive-the-top-program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: costanza[1].jpg (20KB, 191x240px) Image search: [Google]
costanza[1].jpg
20KB, 191x240px
http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2016

>wasting time learning/using a meme language that's not in the top 20
>>
no opinions on the list?
>>
>>55801394
Looks pretty standard to me
>>
>>55801394
this list reads like the top 10 runner ups to the 2016 Cancer of the Year Awards
>>
File: 1469726641005.png (31KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1469726641005.png
31KB, 170x170px
>>55801394
>HTML
>JavaScript

>programming-languages
>>
>>55802477
I don't even do JavaScript but how is it not a programming language?
>>
>>55802494
It's in the name.
>>
You don't win by skating to where the puck is; you win by skating to where the puck will be.
Which is exactly why I'm learning Elixir :^)
>>
>>55802523
Are you retarded?
>>
>>55802536
Are you? Programming languages are compiled, scripting languages are interpreted.
>>
>>55802564
That has never been defined.
>>
>>55802564
>scripting language
>>55802598
Shhh just let him believe he won
>>
>>55801394
>http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2016
>
>>wasting time learning/using a meme language that's not in the top 20

>html
>arduino

At least they didn't put NodeJS up there, because some retards here think it's a language...
>>
>>55801394
>know C, Java, Python
feels good man
>>
>R is on that list

Nice, I never hear anyone mention it but its a nifty language. I'm surprised that MATLAB is so far down though.
>>
>Swift 4 spots higher than Go on the trending list
will /g/ ever stop getting BTFO?
>>
>>55801394
You probably can make do with C + Python.
>>
>>55801394
Alright Arduino being a language is dumb and all, but has anyone else noticed that anytime you click something on the page, it appends it to the URL? So if you keep clicking on stuff, the URL just gets longer and longer...

Why are we even taking this site seriously?
>>
>>55801394
>C++
>proved to be a natural fit for software driven by graphical user interfaces.
The most retarded shit I've read today.
>>
>>55801394
>"Lisp"
>not web despite ningle, caveman
>not embedded despite Embeddable Common Lisp
>not mobile despite mocl

>plonk
>>
>>55802919
caveman2 is still really new and last time I checked the guy was claiming pre alpha status or something as retarded.
weblocks or just plain fucking hunchentoot would be the reason if lisp is listed anywhere.

mocl costs fucking 200 murrican currency
>>
>>55802891
>what is the Win32 API
>what is Qt
>>
>>55801394
Really if your language isn't in the top 4 don't even bother learning it, It's useless with maybe the exceptions of matlab and R which are specialized languages for math and science shit.

Everything else is a meme.
>>
>>55803075
js for client side scripting
sql for database thit
bash for shell scripting

Now tell me again about the top 4
>>
>>55803000
>win32 api
>c++
No, scratch that, your post is the most retarded shit I've read today. WinAPI was written with C and ASM and it has nothing to do with C++ or OOP at all, dumb ass retard. If you somehow meant MFC by WinAPI then you're wrong too, since MFC methods directly map to WinAPI function calls, that wouldn't be a problem if it didn't expose WinAPI and shitload of functions, class attributes and pointers furthermore cluttering the code and making MFC a piece of garbage which is literally a poorly done attempt at fixing and modernizing WinAPI by microshaft.
>what is Qt
The de-facto GUI standard for Qt isn't QtWidgets, but QML which is JSON-like style formatting and JS.
>>
>>55802994
Lisp is indeed listed
Also, does anybody have any news at all about fukamachi? He's been awfully silent for quite a while.
>>
>>55802891
don't really see what's wrong with that statement, like every significant graphical desktop application is written in c++
>>
>>55803372
They're not "written" in C++, dumbass. They can only use hacks to make it work so the code would compile, C++ was never intended to be used with GUI, just like C. The GUI in applications using C++ as its back-end is written in different languages or is using libs written in different languages (unless it's MFC). Using C++'s facilities for GUI is a terrible idea, MFC is case in point, which is why most applications nowadays on wangblows use XAML for the GUI, unless it's legacy shit.
>>
>>55803773
you're really grasping at straws here mate, all the interaction, logic, rendering is done in c++, who gives a fuck if some of those applications use a markup language for the layout of components
>>
>>55803773
I've only written one program for windows and it was in VB. I think java would be better for writing GUI programs because then at least its cross platform where VB only runs in windows.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.