[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which motherboard do I buy to prevent the skylake bend meme from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: any0py.jpg (22KB, 878x466px) Image search: [Google]
any0py.jpg
22KB, 878x466px
which motherboard do I buy to prevent the skylake bend meme from happening to me?

Somewhere people say they make motherboards now to correct this issue but I cannot find them.
>>
what?
>>
it's not worth it, just go for haswell it's better performance for the price especially when you factor in the cpu, motherboard, and ram are cheaper and still going to be way overkill for just about anything someone like you will do on them gauranteed.

reminder that the quad core mainstream meme that has been a cancer on the industry since 2008 is ending soon either due to Zen very soon or at the very latest 2018 with intel's Coffee Lake.

Skylake is the worst generational disappointment since Ivy Bridge, but at least people didn't have to wait 2 fucking years for Ivy Bridge to suck ass compared to Sandy.
>>
>>55797600
it's not worth the risk of the bend or the price/perf?
>>
>>55797522
The what bending? How did this even happend?
>>
>>55798290
Large thin wafer is a no no is why apparently.
>>
>>55798303
Why is this the first time I hear about this? This should be a big deal right?
I own i5 6600k and I'm kind of scared now
>>
>>55797522
>>55798332
It happened not with motherboards, but certain CPU coolers; it's not likely with AIOs since the pump weighs nothing, and quality mounting systems used by the more expensive brands like Noctua and BeQuiet also managed to avoid this. It was a problem with big cheap coolers that had shitty mounting brackets. Presumably the owners also tightened them down too hard.
>>
>>55798332
It has come up a few times, some third party air coolers put more force than the cpu can handle, a few companies like corsair have offered to send new screws for free to customers who'd use their old coolers on skylake cpus.

and ofcourse if you have an unlocked CPU you have a 3rd party cooler since none is included in the box.
>>
>>55798589
>>55798597
W-what about Arctic i30
I'm fucked right?
>>
>>55798290
Retards fastening unproperly their cooler.

I delided my 6700K, I have a Dark Rock 3, and never had bending problem.
>>
>>55797522
Not Intel one for sure.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.