[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone can explain why i can't play a 10GB .mkv file over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: REEEE ANIMATED.gif (289KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
REEEE ANIMATED.gif
289KB, 447x415px
Anyone can explain why i can't play a 10GB .mkv file over samba using a raspberry pi 2? Jokes on you but i'm very mad right now
>>
Because samba is shit and your network is shit
>>
>>55796933
RasPi's ethernet probably isn't enough for that kind of streaming. Try playing from an external device. If doesn't work, probably the media player you're trying doesn't support that codec and ethernet is innocent. I'm putting my money on codec thing.
>>
You're essentially streaming the data over from a remote device, so you need adequate network speed, for one. I dunno the exact mechanics of how a video player loads a video or how much of the file it needs before it can properly render said video, but you might have better luck trying different players, or simply copy the file over and play it locally and delete it when you're done. If you think about it, either way, the 10GB of video is going to be sent to your machine, so might as well use a standard copy and read it locally right?

You could also try alternate players. IIRC VLC originally rose to fame because it was an awesome player for streaming over LAN, it was even originally called VideoLAN; it was also great at playing broken or incomplete video files. I'm not sure if that's still the case in this day and age, but hey, worth a shot.
>>
>>55796982
The codec is HEVC or x265 i don't know much but is what says,i tried play on MPC-HC (Windows) on another computer over samba,and over samba on MPV (OS X) and the same result,very slowly... and i can't get past 5 minutes without the player stop and wait over a minute for play the scene
Sorry for my broken English anyway
>>
>>55797069
Well there's your problem. There's no way the Pi can handle h.265, that requires hefty CPU power to decode. You're attempting to shove a cock the size of your arm down your Pi's throat and she obviously can't take it. You need a machine with a modern i5 or some kind of GPU accelerated decoding if you want h.265, I've even seen my mom's core2duo machine choking on h.265 videos. Abandon hope, anon.
>>
>raspberry

you fall for the meme
>>
try copying the file over and see how fast it transfers it. then check to see if it transferred it correctly.
>>
File: vlc-miku.jpg (224KB, 1000x1384px) Image search: [Google]
vlc-miku.jpg
224KB, 1000x1384px
>>55796987
>it was also great at playing broken or incomplete video files
VLC also plays valid files like they were broken.
>>
>>55796933
>10 mkv
why? do you fags really watch videos with similar filesize?
I don't download anything over 2GB but maybe is because I don't masturbate to 2D cartoons and for my eyes resolutions higher than 720p is just placebo and marketing bullshit
also a raspberry pi2 can't even decode 1080p
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.