[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't sync with iOS devices >GNOME is bloated >XFCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Tux.png (37KB, 265x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
37KB, 265x314px
>can't sync with iOS devices
>GNOME is bloated
>XFCE can't drag and drop in filemanager
>Unity is a GNOME skin
>KDE metro-trash
>still no universal repository
>no productivity software
>2016
>needing to open the terminal
>literal marxism

Why do you guys still use this broken half baked shit? I get trying it, but actually using it daily?
>>

Libreoffice???
>>
>>55795497
Not OP, but while your answer is technically acceptable, libreoffice is SUCH utter total horse shit. Formatting, my God it's so fucking awful and it NEVER works properly in that regard. I love typing documents with perfect spacing in every regard and then when my client opens it, it looks like My First Document 2016.
>>
>>55795539
If your employer values presentation over the content within you work at apple.
>>
>>55795452
OP what non-bloated GUI do you use?
>>
>>55795566
Do you even have a job? Do you even realise how fucking retarded you just made yourself sound?
>>
File: miku2.jpg (36KB, 340x570px) Image search: [Google]
miku2.jpg
36KB, 340x570px
>>55795600
Kinda, I'm the guy that takes freeware and sells it on the apple and play store.
>>
>>55795539
>what is pdf?
>>
>>55795452
Yeah, if you're not tech-illiterate, daily use isn't too difficult.
Plus, development is much easier in Linux, and who said you had to use some shitty DE? Install a WM and be done with it.
>>
>>55795569
enlightenment
>>
I only need a terminal and my shortcuts to code with Linux why would i waste my time in Windows installing a thousand programs just to be able to do the same things also updating them dealing with bugs and things breaking after an update.
>>
File: Capture.png (138KB, 1439x899px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
138KB, 1439x899px
>>55795569
>>
>>55795539
On a related subject: can Office 365 be used with Linux?
>>
>>55795786
That's still bloated. Runs slow as fuck compared even to KDE on my laptop.

>>55795714
Now that's a real answer.
>>
>>55795788
Office Online can.

Praise HTML5
>>
>>55795788
IIRC an old version (say 2010) can be ran through wine.
>>
>>55795452
>>XFCE can't drag and drop in filemanager
It can
>>
File: troll.jpg (18KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
18KB, 240x249px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ
>>
>>55795539
>>55795788
>>55796737
This.

Protip: you don't even need to pay for Office 365 or whatever. Just make a OneDrive account and use the online editor.

It runs in the browser, but it actually works surprisingly well and has a ton of features.
>>
>>55795452
Syncing with iOS devices is my only gripe

GNOME is less bloated than Windows

XFCE is shit so why are you using it?

Fuck Unity and KDE

>universal repository
fuck outta here with that shit

>terminal
Yeah it's pretty fucking comfy
>>
File: 1469692376684.png (13KB, 576x84px) Image search: [Google]
1469692376684.png
13KB, 576x84px
>>
>>55795452
What is GNU Emacs (especially with org-mode), git...
>GNOME is bloated
>XFCE can't drag and drop in filemanager
>Unity is a GNOME skin
You deserve it if you just install a DE and expect it to be any good.
>needing to open the terminal
What's your problem? Do you like using your mouse for everyhing?
>Why do you guys still use this broken half baked shit? I get trying it, but actually using it daily?
Well, if you used it for long enough and got used to it and learnt it well enough to actually use it, you would see how shitty Windows is.
>>
>>55795786
are you me?
>>
>>55795786
>µTorrent
>using windows NT 6.1
You're the definition of a normalfag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.