[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy the name-brand battery or should buy get two third-party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: screencapture.png (457KB, 1054x1356px) Image search: [Google]
screencapture.png
457KB, 1054x1356px
Should I buy the name-brand battery or should buy get two third-party batteries for less?

I mean, what value could I possibly get by going with the name brand in this case, unless if there was a bigger likelihood of frying my tools with a third party battery (which is doubtful)? Would the third party battery maker really use 18650 cells that are that much worse than what Makita would use?

Please help me spend my money wisely.
>>
>>55792537
no guarantee the third party batteries even contain 18650s-- dedicated scammers have been known to put smaller cells inside the casings of big cells

just buy the real battery jamal
>>
>>55792537
They could use used 18650's aand have bad life span or they could do a shotty job of building the devices and have a battery pack explode on you.
>>
>>55792548
>no guarantee the third party batteries even contain 18650s
Eh, I'm not worried about that at all, especially with the Amazon return policy.

>just buy the real battery jamal
Or I can just buy the third party battery and get over 3x more battery for the dollar.
>>
>using anything but milwaukee
>>
>>55792537

If none of the reviewers have taken one apart to check the cells, I wouldn't risk it. If you're using these for work, it's not worth the hassle of replacing them again versus the money saved.
>>
>>55792626
>using rebranded Ryobi/Ridgid/AEG

Nice try, Techtronics shill.
>>
>Using anything but Dewalt
>>
The safe (but massively overpriced) bet is the genuine makita battery. If you can possibly find out the exact cells the third party one uses, make sure that they have the same max discharge as the ones makita uses.
You should get a cordless coffee maker while you're at it.
>>
File: Makita-Cordless-Coffee-Maker.jpg (37KB, 590x485px) Image search: [Google]
Makita-Cordless-Coffee-Maker.jpg
37KB, 590x485px
>>55793137
>cordless coffee maker

What the fuck?
>>
For max money saving- open up your old pack and replace the cells inside with legit 18650s or whatever they are
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.