[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question for you chilrenz. Currently I am rocking an fx-8150.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 314.jpg (52KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
52KB, 500x361px
Quick question for you chilrenz.

Currently I am rocking an fx-8150. Will upgrading from that to an i5 6600k give me any decent improvement in muh games and/or general daily work? Currently using a GTX 680. Pic not related, just funny.
>>
Yes.
Also, botnet.
>>
>>55781442

Enough Yes to make it worth the purchase? Newegg sells the i5 for $250 but I have seen them easily sell new for $200 on the good ole Ebays.
>>
>>55781466
I've been using the i5 6600K for a while, and I'm going to switch to AMD the second AM3+ gets Mini-ITX boards.

If you value privacy/security, stick with AMD.

If you want an fps boost go for i5-6600K
>>
>>55781425
a used i3 would give you a better perfomance than any fx meme
>>
>>55781509
If he wants to overclock, i5-6600K is better
>>
>>55781496

I have been debating for a long time between the i5 and a new AMD
>>55781526

I did plan to overclock with the i5. Nothing crazy but did wanna do a small/medium amount of OC'ing
>>
What games? My old Phenom II chewed through any game I was playing at the time on it, and it definitely wasn't the bottleneck in that system. My 4790k probably doesn't perform much better than it in most games, MAYBE in something like CoH 2, but definitely in Sony Vegas. I'd say just stick with the FX chip.
>>
>>55781567

Nothing super intense. CSGO, ESO, Overwatch, LoL (occasionally), other games similar to this. And most likely No Mans Sky when it comes out
>>
>>55781425
bump
>>
>>55781425

Yes, definitely. Your CPU is a piece of shit for gaming. I had an FX 8120 myself and I upgraded to an used i7 3770 that I bought used really cheap and everything runs like a dream, even though you won't need an i7 for gaming (just bought it cause it was really cheap otherwise I'd have settled for an i5).

I eventually stopped playing shit when I was using my fx 8120 because it just wasn't satisfying seeing your fps dip to as low as 20~30 in every cpu intensive game and trying to OC this POS of a chip to try and fail to alleviate it. I no longer have to keep trying to find some kind of placebo to have decent performance on my 3770. Shit just werks like it should.
>>
>>55781657
Thank you kind sir.
>>
>>55781694

Good to know! Thank you for the info. Makes the choice all the more tempting.
>>
>>55781635
Yeah nah, an FX chip will do all that shit just fine. Not sure about No Man's Sky though, E:D runs alright in space but planet landing was pretty intensive, that might be worth upgrading for.
>>
>>55781442

> cpu
> botnet
wut
>>
Most of the games you listed would run fine desu
Like anon said, nms is a wild card, but I'm all about muh privacy
>>
>>55781832

Well the games I mentioned currently run fine. I think in like ESO I run medium/high, not maxed. Same goes for really most first person shooters when I play them.
>>
>>55781425
Quick pointer if you can wait till next fall to upgrade, ultra will be releasing LGA-2066 for Skylake-X and kabylake etc. and Skylake prices will likely plummet then.
If not, find a microcenter to buy your 6600k at because they're going for $209.99 USD there if you're in the US
>>
>>55782041

That's true.
>>
File: kentucky_fucker.jpg (24KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
kentucky_fucker.jpg
24KB, 400x342px
>>55781466
why the fuck are you typing like you're from fucking kentucky?
>>
>>55782379

Oh shit, I see you found me.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.