[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on here run a Linux distro on a Mac? Macbook or iMac.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: honk.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
honk.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone on here run a Linux distro on a Mac? Macbook or iMac.

Was it harder to install than on a regular PC?
>>
It shouldn't be any harder
>>
a mac is a regular pc
>>
>>55776081
was using arch on a macbook air, only problem I had was with broadcom drivers but it was easy to get around it, air has no ethernet port so I tethered it to my phone.
>>
>>55776081
can you post that wallpaper
i love honoka
>>
>>55776154
iqdb.org

Newfag
>>
File: 1454198881798.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454198881798.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>55776154
>>
>>55776106
>>55776115
Main reason I'm asking is because I read an article that said it's more trouble than it's worth to install Linux on a Mac.

Said something about Linux being unable to recognize ANY of the Mac's hardware, kinda sounds like what >>55776125 had going on.
>>
>>55776255
I guess it's too late for me to catch the original LL train now that another generation were shoehorned in
>>
>>55776081
What's the point in buying a Mac if you're not even going to use Mac OS? Just buy a regular PC
>>
>>55776317
No it's not. The music is still great in my opinion, and the show so far beats the crap out of the new generation. Heck, it's the first anime where I like the dub just as much as the sub. Maybe a little more. I'd definitely recommend it.

>>55776328
To run both Mac and Linux
>>
>>55776269
I don't know if you are still here but honestly it wasn't a huge issue, if you want the full functionality of the macbook (multi-touch, webcam, etc) you have to jump a few hoops but if you know how to use google it's not particularly time consuming.

Battery time was a real issue for me but there's a ton of articles explaining how to optimize battery life, mostly just copy/paste scripts.

If you are new to linux maybe it would be a bit difficult but it's definitely possible to have the complete functionality of the laptop while running a linux distro
>>
File: Kotori_Minami.png (80KB, 282x520px) Image search: [Google]
Kotori_Minami.png
80KB, 282x520px
>>55776662
Alright, thanks. I've been saving up for a Macbook Pro for a while, was just worried that I wouldn't be able to have Mac/Linux in case something in MacOS was too locked down for my tastes. Gonna just go with it and see what happens.
>>
>>55776202
cringe
>>55776255
thanks
>>
>>55776847
honk a qt
>>
File: Capture.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
GLORIOUS WINDOWS 10
>>
>>55776822
you can always go windows, macs have a pretty neat feature where you can download the whole OS over a network so it's practically impossible to fuck up if you are worried about that.
>>
>>55776317
Original LL is probably still more popular than sunshine at this point since it's still relatively new.
>>
>>55776941
I know, I'm just sick of Windows at this point. They lost me as a customer and will have to do a major overhaul of their system to interest me.
>>
>>55776081
>buying or using apple hardware in the first place
fucking normalfags
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.