[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the downsides to disabling every fan in your pc,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Fan.jpg (177KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fan.jpg
177KB, 800x800px
What would be the downsides to disabling every fan in your pc, gutting the case and placing one of these bad boys right up against it? Aside from looking retarded and being loud of course.

I am a NEET and as such, my hardware is getting pretty outdated, so I've been considering doing a heavy OC and blasting a house fan into my case.
>>
I don't know
>>
Wouldn't be powerful enough on specific areas
>>
>>55773882
this
you want smaller fans not bigger ones, those small server fans move an assload of air
>>
>>55773855
dont do it. post pc specs. and a picture of your pc. we will tell you what to do with your pc
>>
File: Air-flow.png (772KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Air-flow.png
772KB, 750x750px
>>55773855
the point of having fans inside the case isnt to just blow air. You need a good airflow. also gpu/cpu fans dont blow but suck from the heat sink to keep it cool.

also. the whole thing will look hideous.
>>
>>55773966
you really bought into that shit.
if a pc case was good at ait flow it wouldnt keep dust. pc cases are terrible at air flow.
>>
>>55773988
Filters, faggot.
>>
>>55773855
Sure thing you will get a lot of dust

Then you should.really try for yourself
But I think leaving the fan on ar high rpm and putting the ventilator on the mobo at the slowest speed is best since il will move inside a fuckton of metric cubes of fresh air letting the system fan create enough vacuum to actually cool stuff

I used a similar thing to cool my old pentium 4 when the heatsink fan broke, but in my scenario the ventilatir pushed air perpendicular to the heatsink, if you have a tower heatsink on your cpu it will be useless
>>
I have to do that because the faggot I bought my pc from never cleaned it and fucked up all the fans, and I can't afford new ones. My pc is yet to overheat and I play games like arma 3 on high settings.
>>
you can do that without disabling the smaller fans.
>>
>>55773855
Back when I had a shitty PC, its cooling system was crap...

One day, summer; I decided to place a fan in front of the case, it dropped the temperatures pretty well. Maybe it's not a bad idea, just beware of insects and do not disable the fans.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.