[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody found that you can completely counter the effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9243.jpg (212KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9243.jpg
212KB, 1296x864px
Has anybody found that you can completely counter the effects of VR motion sickness by sitting down and playing?

I got a bit of motion sickness in Dread Halls and Technolust while standing up, but sitting down it's completely fine.
>>
File: 1457151404612.jpg (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1457151404612.jpg
37KB, 633x758px
>>55771884
>tfw you fell for the vr meme
>>
>>55771910
Why would you care what other people spend money on?
>>
>>55771931
He's implying HE spent money on it and wants to feel bad with other people who feel bad.

>>55771884
Do you play any mech games on that thing? I wanna know if you get any sickness standing up while playing a game where you still aren't the object walking around.
>>
When should these things become affordable ($300 odd) I've poked around ab best I can find in my country is around $1100, I want one after I get a 4k screen.
>>
Anon working on vr shit here. If you're the kind of person who can get motion sick at all watching games and movies, it seems like people with that issue are fucked standing up. If you're the kind of person who has to try to see it in 3d and not as two tiny screens in your face, standing up is fine.
>>
>>55771884
The best way to combat motion sickness is to just get used to it.

Stop playing when you start to feel sick. Eventually you will find that you can play for longer and longer.
>>
>>55773688
Maybe I used the wrong phrase, it's not so much motion sickness like you get on a boat when you're sea sick and actually feel sick.

I mean on first person games that don't use snap turn, and you turn like you would in a regular game, if I'm stood up and turn, it turns a lot faster than I can turn my body and makes me disoriented, slightly dizzy for a second. But if I sit down and do it without turning physically at all, I don't get dizzy.
>>
>>55773525
>Do you play any mech games on that thing?
Not OP, just want to say that I would love to play mechwarrior 3 with that thing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.