[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work for a company that provides IT services to country clubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: STOP.jpg (58KB, 234x233px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
58KB, 234x233px
>work for a company that provides IT services to country clubs
>get tasked with installing office, fix a strange HP printer issue, install a VPN client on some lady's desktop and a ton of other minor shit
>think this is easy, it's a break from the other stuff I have to do
>company I work for does not pay for any remote desktop application, have to use join.me(me)
>connection drops constantly and when I'm connected the mouse moves at potato-tier speeds
>suggests she purchases office home and student so she doesn't have to 100 bucks yearly for office 365
>says she absolutely needs outlook even though she can get her email through owa
>suggest home and business and after a while she gets approval and we go to buy it over amazon
>doesn't know her amazon account's password nor any recovery information, creates a new one
>doesn't want the pc card because she needs it NOW but does not want to spend the extra money for the download
>eventually buys the download but doesn't have a microsoft account so she creates one after stumbling around
>check out the printer issue while office is installing
>ask her if the printer is on the network, she says yes
>it isn't, walk her through adding it on the network
>she takes over the session while I'm troubleshooting additional issues to check some things so I have to wait
>join.me session continuously disconnects
>she constantly leaves and comes back every time I need her to put in a password
>it takes 5 hours to get her shit done, she gets mad at me and asks that someone else does the job

Helpdesk guys, how do you do it? I was 10 seconds from throwing the computer out of the window.
>>
>Helpdesk guys, how do you do it?

By not have a nigger-rigged infrastructure. Volume licensing, GPOs and SCCM.
>>
>>55771060
I work for a meme-sized company though.
>>
>>55771559
Use your own software then.
>on phone: Hey client I'm sending you an email, open it up and download the attachment. Then run the program "whatever.exe"
Make sure it's a portable program with all the settings already good to go so you can take over their computer right away without having to walk them through setting shit up
>>
>>55771662
So basically infect them with a RAT and spy on them to get nudes or some shit?
>>
>>55772848
>infect them with a RAT
Not at all how it works, a Remote Administration Tool can be used for legitimate purposes, and you're not "infecting" someone with anything just because a program has the potential for abuse, furthermore the program doesn't have to be installed to the system or run in the background, it can be called once and once it's shut down would need to be relaunched before it could be used again, hence the purpose of making it portable.
Holy shit you fuckers are dumb
>>
>>55771559
I have gpo's set for a company of 5, and I run sccm at home. Either learn how to do it right, or find another career.
>>
>>55773689
>implying I'm in a position to "run it right"

I'm a lowly technician. I have no say in anything.
>>
>>55771023
Yeah...

your job sucks dick.

find a new job.
>>
>>55771023
Didn't we have this thread already?

Is /g/ now /g/ - perpetuation?
>>
>>55773705
Then you've already failed.

If you don't push to do it correct, you're part of the problem. Don't be part of the problem anon.
>>
>>55771023
OP if you talk to her like you wrote that post the problem is 98% you. I think I got autism from reading it
>>
>>55773877
I did not talk to her like that, I was just really frustrated when I posted it.
>>
>>55773815
>Didn't we have this thread already?
Every fucking hour.
There's always some dickhead who thinks he has a hard life and doesn't realise that this sort of stuff is what puts food on the table for millions of guys all over.
In essence, every job is the same; you give up some personal dignity and time and people have to pay you. But if you're smarter than the average cabbage you can enjoy your work and make people glad to see you.
>>
>>55771559
What the fuck does that even mean? Meme-sized? What kind of fucking unit of measurement is that? I can't even imply the size of the company from "meme-sized." Is meme large or small? Is it a meme to have a lot of employees or very few? Maybe your large company just didn't like spending money on shit and didn't do volume licensing. Maybe your small company is the result of some autist's startup that is doing great on the mediocrity spectrum. When will this fucking meme meme end Jesus Christ superstar Do you think you're what they say you are? Kill your life
>>
>>55771023
use teamviewer retard
>>
>>55771023
Do your job, stop throwing your useless opinions on other people, you wanna establish world peace or something dhali lama?
>>
>>55771023
Team viewer
Lmi (has a 30 day demo iirc)
VNC
mstsc, walk them through getting IP address or use asset mgmt system to get it.

Also if your boss refuses to take suggestions on how to better make his money more effectively. Then you should be looking for other places to work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.