[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fall for air cooling meme? Should I've gone with water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1451425938974.jpg (255KB, 499x689px) Image search: [Google]
1451425938974.jpg
255KB, 499x689px
Did I fall for air cooling meme? Should I've gone with water cooling?

Why the fuck is my motherboard 47 degrees and my CPU 45 degrees while idling? It's a Noctua D15 with 2 fans on top, 1 exhaust and 2 at the rear to suck in air.
>>
It looks fine you moron
What you expect it to be COLDER THE THE AIR IN THE ROOM or something
>>
>>55750132
i expect it to stay at 30 degrees like it does for most people
>>
Is there dust in the fans and heatsink?

If so get pic related and clean that you lazy piece of shit.
>>
What your ambient temps?

Your CPU will never run cooler than the air you're pushing through the heatsink. If you have 35c air temps in your room, don't ever expect to see your CPU below 35c.

If your ambient temps are 20-28c then you probably need to reapply your thermal paste and make sure it's making a secure connection to the CPU and motherboard.
>>
>>55750217
I build the PC 2 weeks ago, there's no dust
>>
Go buy an air conditioner?
>>
>>55750262
How much thermal paste did you use? You're only supposed to use a pea-sized dot in the middle of the processor after cleaning the IHS and contact part of the heatsink with at least 91% IPA
>>
>>55750380
You can use a quarter sized glob if you want, it really wont make more than a 1-2c difference.
The only problem with using too much is if you are using a conductive thermal paste and it makes contact with the motherboard circuits or the CPU pins you could short something.

There is little to no cooling difference however. You can even spread it with your bare finger and it will be nearly identical temps to your pea sized dot method.
>>
>>55750380
i put a small dot right in the middle
>>
>>55750145
Why would it stay at idle temperatures when it isn't idle, retard?
>>
File: tj.png (21KB, 570x586px) Image search: [Google]
tj.png
21KB, 570x586px
>>55750103
>>55750145
>m-muh 30C

Nevermind that you're probably fucking 40-50 ticks away from TJmax. Fucking hell. There needs to be a derogatory name for 30C fetish.

The sensor isn't even accurate that far below TJmax.
>>
>>55750549
>it isn't idle

im' doing fucking nothing so it's idle, kys shitposter
>>
>>55750103
Your CPU voltage seems to be quite high, granted I don't have Skylake but 1.25V for stock (right?) seems pretty high for a modern Intel chip. Maybe you got unlucky with the CPU or your BIOS settings are pushing too much voltage for no reason.

Anyway, your temps are fine. High mobo temp potentially suggests that the temperature inside your case is high, which pretty much means you have insufficient airflow. Your CPU cooler can't do much as long as fresh air isn't brought in and hot air exhausted out efficiently. This is especially relevant if you have a graphics card that dumps heat inside the case instead of pushing it out, which is what pretty much all aftermarket custom-cooled cards do nowadays.
>>
>>55750145
Did it ever occur to you that maybe your room isn't as much of a freezer as other people claim?
>>
>>55750740
If you're doing nothing why is your CPU pulling 25 watts, dumbshit? Where do you expect that power to go?
>>
File: 3570kat4.3.png (46KB, 636x793px) Image search: [Google]
3570kat4.3.png
46KB, 636x793px
is this an idle temps bragging thread now?

Behold, my shitbox

with ph-tc14pe, AS5, and all power-saving enabled
>>
>>55750103
>2 fans at the rear to suck in air.

U wot m8?
>>
>>55751607
yes?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.