[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eww >inb4 photo I don't want this piece of shit to crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Eww

>inb4 photo
I don't want this piece of shit to crash
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
HOW is this possible? you must really be doing some fucky shit to have this problem famli
>>
>>55747824
PC of unknown age at my workplace, it really runs like utter crap.
>>
>>55747801
>windows
>>
Op, I remember this, when you defrag it will do multiple passes but only estimates the first

The estimator will change while it works

You are a novice to older systems if you didn't know this
>>
>>55748260
I was just pointing out the state of the HDD, not the estimate, and yeah, I'm a novice at most OSs anyway.
>>
>>55748372
Not insane with those estimators, they only analyze the heading files and assume they are fragmented or not

Also ntfs does this sort of fragmentation automatically, it's why they introduced indexing in Windows Vista, on xp that sort of fragmentation would be the equivalent of a year of moderate usage between defrags

That's why they include defragmentation with the os
>>
>>55748410
I really should lurk /g/ moar, shouldn't I
>>
>>55747801
>>55747824
>Implying that fragmentation do shit on performance
lel
>>55748372
>Implying the state of the HDD can be measured with the fragmentation map from windows
double lel
>>
>>55748439
Probs
>>
>>55748455
When the fucking start menu stops responding 75% of the time, any little thing helps, as insignificant as it may be.
>>
>>55748487
Yeah, but it certainly isn't the fragmentation that have shit to do with that.
Scan for virus and check the hdd smart data.
>>
>>55748487
Sounds like resources are being used up by background shit

Older computers couldn't handle as much multi tasking as current ones, bring up task manager and look at processes and see what the resource hog/s is/are
>>
>>55748533
Nothing really seems to be excessively resource-intensive, sadly.
Anyway, it's better if you sage, this is becoming some sort of IT support thread.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.