[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people lose all inteligence and reason when calling tech support?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Do people lose all inteligence and reason when calling tech support? It feels like 10 minutes of every call seems to be screaming from the customer about how they hate the company and how they're going to cancel service because it's just never working right for them. After they stop throwing their little temper tantrum I can usually get them back up and running in 5 minutes.

Am I missing something or is there an unwritten law that you must scream at tech support because they're the reason for all your wrongs?
>>
>>55741714
I'm actually very nice with tech support and call them by their first name because I know that will make them want to help me better.
>>
If you get an American tech support worker, you should be nice to them.

If you get Ramesh, feel free to shit all over them, they don't deserve respect.
>>
>>55741930
This. If they sound foreign just yell and scream and say you can't understand a word they're saying and hang up. Always get a call soon after from an American apologizing and offering great deals.
>>
Currently doing customer service job right now before I go back to school.

The thing with people is, they don't really get it. You sit there and listen to the same shit on the phone everyday for 5-8 hours. For them? It's the first customer service call they've probably made in months. So their problem is #1 and the most important thing in the universe. I had a woman bitch me out for 5 minutes because our servers were down, I literally couldn't do shit other than write her problem down, set up an appointment and call her back.

At least in my case it's just furniture so we get maybe 8 calls in a day for our office tops. Most of it's unrelated shit too so it's solved quickly.
>>
Personally I play dumb at first to see if they know what they are talking about.
>>
Usually when you call tech support its your last resort so youre pissed

i know its happened to me before
>>
Intelligent people rarely need to call tech support, since most issues can be resolved with 5 minutes of googling. 90+% of the time if someone is calling tech support it's because they are literally too retarded to function anyway.
>>
>>55742506
I really only need to call verizon when i need them to reboot the modem that is outside the house. We dont get fiber directly to the house, we get fiber to a box that is ~ 100 feet away that then goes to coax to my 2 neighbors and i.

So sometimes that goes down and i need to get verizon to reboot it. To get through the dumb ass automated system, just repeatedly talk and eventually it will say "do you want to speak to a representative".
Then you can just tell them that you need the external modem rebooted, and they will do it instead of doing the stupid "is your router turned on" checklist.
>>
>>55742506
This pretty well explains why just about half of my calls involve people who think you should have absolute perfect wifi speeds at all times with no exceptions coming from a single access point. Bitch please you're like 3 rooms away and your modem/router is in the basement, no wonder the speeds are slow you basic.
>>
so far the absolute worst customers I deal with daily seem to be millennials. Sure you've grown up with internet in your home your entire life but that doesn't mean you know how it works further than put security key in, internet comes out.
>>
>>55741714
You must be shit at your job (if you have one)
>>
>>55741714
After calling several times to fix a very easy issue it becomes painful. Especially when the initial call fails to fix the issue. ISPs are cancer, they should be outlawed at this point.
>>
>>55741714
Many types of people in the world.

Some are intelligent. They solve their own problems. They will not call you.

Some are idiots. They have low IQ, and that makes them unhappy. Upset. Angry. They do not like you, because you can fix their problem, and they are too stupid to do what you do. They resent you.
>>
>>55741930
This. My CC company uses only American tech support and I've always had quite pleasant experiences because they know what they're doing and we both speak English as a first language.
On the other hand, whenever I need to call someone for computer related tech support, I get "Bob" from "Wisconsin" that can't get it through his fucking head that yes I've reset everything twice, checked the wires, verified local integrity and all that shit during the hour before I called so it is certainly something on their end that needs fixed. That coupled with the fact I can barely understand them through their accent and they can't understand me for some reason despite the fact I talk relatively slowly and very clearly. Not gonna lie, I've told CS representatives to go fuck themselves before, but that was mostly with a bank I used to use.

>go to make CC payment
>bank is empty
>what do you mean it's empty I put money in yesterday just for this
>there was a withdrawal of my entire account made at a liquor store in Detroit
>I live in Colorado
>I've never been to fucking Detroit let alone Michigan
>call my bank and go wtf
>fill out the claim bullshit
>two weeks later they tell me my claim has been denied, something about "the timing of the transactions were suspicious on your part"
>tell them to fuck the hell off and that I'll be contacting the OCC to complain
>do so
>two more weeks later OCC calls and says they took care of it, a day later the bank calls offering a formal apology and that they've sent a check
>>
>>55741714
98% of peope who call tech supprt are retards
>>
>>55741714
Yes, just because they're pissant little low wage earning pee-ons who don't have the knowledge or education to get a real job.
>>
Most people live in a constant state of repressing their own anger due to frustration at their shitty hum-drum life of wageslavery, family problems and mortgage payments.
And so tech support is just a trigger that causes the explosion of frustration.
Shit not working is annoying, and communicating over a phone ab>>55741714
out things you don't understand is aggravating, so all that piled up frustration just explodes.
>>
>>55742506
Not true, and I hate how patronizing tech support is by assuming all their callers are tech illiterate.
>>
>>55744756
nobody who is any good, and cares about customers, spends any length of time on tech support l1/l2

hence all you have left are retards and pooinlooretards

hence all anyone speaks to are idiots, and they get angry, even though 98% of the time they did soething wrong
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.