[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>write code >have to click "Run" to run the code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

>write code
>have to click "Run" to run the code

How do I be a grownup and develop REAL APPLICATIONS?
>>
Sudo chmod +x exe
>>
>>55733776
What did he mean by this?
>>
sudo rm -rf /*
>>
Learn the keyboard shortcut
>>
>>55733862
this
>>
>>55733862
Stop sharing our secret guys
>>
>>55733776
use jave
click compile
run!
>>
>>55733776
a text editor (ie vim) and a compiler (ie gcc)
>>
>>55733856
I mean, how do I make my """"""programs""""""" into actual applications that people can use?
>>
>>55735397
Make a gui and put all the shit in a jar file and run it
>>
>>55735725
You got a youtube guide on this or something?
>>
>>55736250
Give up.

If you can't find this yourself in a simple google search just give up, you're wasting your life.
>>
>>55736840
You're right, I'm also going to kill myself right now.
>>
mingw
>>
>>55733862

you need --no-preserve-root too so it disregards the project root (i.e., tree) hierarchy so it can be ran standalone
>>
>>55733776
>REAL APPLICATION
>APPLICATIONS
>grownup

you don't. Applications are for kiddies. Real Men write programs.
>>
>>55738641
only pajeets write programs, real software engineers write apps
>>
Get a Commodore 64.
>>
>>55738641
Real men write algorithms.
>>
>>55739640
What's the point of programming when you can just use the cloud?
>>
Alright guy what language?

If it's C or C++, you literally just pass the .o file through the compiler again using the -o option and give it a file name with a .exe extension. In Java, you make your program and run it as a java file or find some third party wrapper library. Anything else and you may as well just get an IDE and do it all from there.

Really, though, you should be using just c and c++. The rest is unnecessary fluff.
>>
>>55733856
loled
>>
>>55739736
holy shit, you're right

but isn't the cloud just a giant app?
>>
>>55733776
By using static method
>>
>>55737168
learn C if you haven't already and read up on GTK+
>>
I love OP
>>
Jesus Christ. There are toxic levels of Autism in this thread. None of you develop for a real company do you?
>>
>>55741651
Fizzbuzz
>>
>>55733776
By getting a client. Stop writing software for yourself and write software for other people.
>>
>>55738432
Not with the star.
>>
>>55733856
really makes you think, huh?
>>
File: 1469113371391.png (6KB, 213x101px) Image search: [Google]
1469113371391.png
6KB, 213x101px
>>55733776
>git add .
>git commit -m "testing"
>git push

>gcc file.c -lLibrary -Wall -o test
>./test
>rm test

>vim file.c
>wq
>>
Cmake or qmake.

These tools makes it easier to include libraries, eg Qt, so you can have a graphical interface and a lot of other stuff.
It could also be that you have to write a plugin to another application, but then you should learn the API of that application.
>>
in python you just use cx freeze or py2exe and it packs your shit into a REAL PROGRAM complete with fucking .dll's and .exe's like video games

It was literally the coolest thing ever and what made me stick with programming, I used to send other people shit bugging them to run it

I still think its super cool
>>
>>55733776
Nigger, what language and what operating system?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.