[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how paranoid should I be if I'm using this? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: PKT_Twitter_Avatar_v1.png (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PKT_Twitter_Avatar_v1.png
84KB, 500x500px
Just how paranoid should I be if I'm using this? I've had the app since it was called read it later and only recently started using it, but I'm starting to become a /g/ tinfoil freetard
>>
Why should you be paranoid?

1. You have to register a pocket account
2. You have to login to pocket to make it work
3. You have to instruct pocket to save your webpage.

If you fail to do any of those three steps, pocket isn't going to do anything.
>>
It's already too late
>>
>>55731610
it's botnet
>>
>>55731610
Why would you be paranoid about it?
>>
>>55731610
Something that i noticed while using it is that in their weekly emails i will find at least one article that matches my interests. When i hover over the email i can see some super long url and when i click on the link it gets resolved into whatever the original article url is. I'm pretty sure the urls are unique and they are used to collect data on me. Secondly, in the weekly email there are sponsored links that can confuse some people into thinking they are articles. Also the articles that i get recommended to read are ridiculously close to my interests. I'm genuinely impressed that out of every 6 articles that they recommend i am likely to save and read at least one.

>Should i be using this
Well it depends. Yes, they do track and profile you, but they also give you something that you want. If you have a hard time finding articles like i do and just want another app then i recommend you use something else, otherwise use pocket. If it bothers you too much you could always use an alias and switch emails every couple of months. never going back to a previous email. although i'm not sure if that would actually do anything.
>>
What happened?
>>
just set up wallabag on your server already
>>
>>55732771
Never read their articles, never get recommended anything I'm interested in. It's entirely optional.
>>
Where to even find articles to save? I can't turn off my clickbait detector in my head, everything looks like clickbait
>>
>>55731610
>read it later
truly a god tier extension turned to shit
anybody have a alternative, im using google keep but i miss read it later
>>
>>55732907
read that >>55732771
>>
Anyone know of any android-PC bookmark syncing apps? Something similar to pocket but for all links in general and not designed for articles.
>>
>>55733533
Literally chrome
>>
>>55733436
saved.io or raindrop.io
>>
>>55733533
see >>55735921
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.