[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.recode.net/2016/7/22/122 56772/verizon-yahoo--5-b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Vara-Mayer-Yahoo-1200.jpg (152KB, 1200x785px) Image search: [Google]
Vara-Mayer-Yahoo-1200.jpg
152KB, 1200x785px
http://www.recode.net/2016/7/22/12256772/verizon-yahoo--5-billion-aol

What went wrong?
>>
Excessively overpaid cunt who is late all the time. Yahoo was beyond saving but surely a more competent CEO could've kept it afloat for longer without angering the shareholders.
>>
Microsoft almost bought them for $50 billion in 2008.

Yahoo turned it down because they thought they were worth more than $50 billion.
>>
>>55730320
mayer chased away the talent, sold off golden egg laying geese, and used the money to buy tumblr
>>
I would bare her children.. from their money.

I bet her poop smells like rotten roses.
>>
>>55730476
No. Such a person does not exist.
>>
>female CEO
AMD is next
>>
>>55730682
>her poop smells like rotten roses.

kek
>>
Tumblr happened
>>
>>55730622
>tumblr
when they already had flikr
>>
>>55730559
yea I remember that+the devaluation of the dollar
>>
>>55730320
Female CEO.
>>
>>55730320
>http://realmoney.thestreet.com/articles/04/20/2016/yahoo-stake-alibaba-only-getting-more-valuable-so-analysts-raise-price-target
>Oppenheimer calculated the value of Yahoo!'s stake in Alibaba at $28 billion, based on the company's 15% ownership stake, up from its previous valuation of $22 billion.
>>
http://fortune.com/2016/02/08/verizon-yahoo-alibaba-taxes/
>>
>>55730320
uncle Sam has his greasy hands all over yahoo nuts
>>
>>55731145
Still fondling them more gently than he is treating your own twig n berries
>>
Why no one is talking about the yahoocalypse??

>Check emails
>All emails deleted.
>All folders gone
>All linked accounts gone
>mail changed from .com to .com.au
>Check community and fb/twatter
>Hundreds saying the same
>Seems that Yahoo changed lots of mails to .com.country

I could actually refresh the yahoo app on my phone and SEE how emails were disappearing. Each refresh was showing older emails. Now is completely empty
>>
>>55731175
I suppose.
More(apparently yahoo just lost 10billion dollars down the drain):
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/26/core-yahoo-is-worth-less-than-its-own-acquisitions.html
>>
>Referring to Yahoo's attempts to bolster its bottom line through acquisitions and other spending, analyst Robert Peck said: "I don't know if I can think of a company that has spent that much capital to have it be that unproductive."
>>
What went wrong? Moronic CEO that made stupid decisions like buying tumblr.
>>
>>55731211
Probably no one uses yahoo e-mail. Fuck, you're barely better than some grandma that still has an @aol.com account.
>>
Yahoo has always been a funny money company. Born during the infancy of the first dot com bubble, the company itself was a large part of this bubble as it focused more on bullshit buyouts than it did with trying to be a top search engine. They did have tv ads but their crawlers were always shit. Before Google there was akamai's hotbot and you probably never heard of it but akamai is still a huge CDN of sorts whereas yahoo is just a bunch of faggots still buying empty tech companies that operate in the red. That milf had little to do with Yahoo being shit because it was born in shit - molded by it.
>>
>>55731265
Absolutely. I held on on that email for the most grandma of reasons: it was my first one

My gmail even has a better name as I got it very quickly. Im finally ready to jump ship after this fiasco.

Still, surprised this isnt making more waves though. Thousands of people are raging on those super shitty yahoo community forums
>>
>>55730476
You severely underestimate how far Yahoo was already down the toilet.
>>
>>55731290
The milf with the demonic laugh may not have caused everything but fuck me she could have made a better purchase decision than tumblr.
>>
>>55730945
Who uses flickr now-a-days? Seems like it died the moment Yahoo got their hands on it.
>>
>>55730320
They have a lot of assets, actually. Y! Sports, Tumblr, Mail are pretty big. The problem is that they couldn't monetize on them for some reason.
>>
>>55730476
>Yahoo was beyond saving but surely a more competent CEO could've kept it afloat for longer without angering the shareholders.
Yeah, not really. Yahoo was completely fucked and no CEO could have done anything to save it.
>>
>>55731290
the milf made some bad decisions herself but plenty of bad decisions were done b4
>>55731340
Like tumblr, remember when it used to be popular?
>>55731362
you're wrong, yahoo board was open to spend huge bucks on talent
>>
>>55731340
lots of people use flickr, and the website is really well designed. i dont upload to flickr but i browse flickr a lot and their search options are insanely good. honestly one of the best photo search if not the best on the planet.

but if i was gonna make photos as art and be serious i'd use 500px
>>
>>55731211
oh fuck, should have started moving my shit already.
>>
>>55731914
I delayed the migration for years because >muh mail tabs and >muh google independence but after this is inevitable

Its hours already and Yahoo hasnt acknowledge an issue that is probably affecting MILLIONS. Their customer care twitter hast posted in a month.

>inb4 they dont even have a good backup and my 20 years old email account is actually gone for good
>>
>>55730320
I used to to work there as of a couple weeks ago. You guys cannot imagine the level of incompetence + 90s mentality that is embedded there. I know many engineers that can't even format disks themselves
>>
>>55732048
well i just used imap, so have some emails stored locally, and thus i have an idea of what accounts i should move now.

this is cock.li all over again, except i had almost nothing signed up with that.
>>
>>55732071
That is actually pathetic.
>>
yahoo is shit anyway
>>
>>55731726
Why develop talent when all you're doing is building a shareholder brand
>>55732071
Not an uncommon story but would still love some anecdotes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg
>>
>>55732368
The head of mail constantly berates people who criticize the product. Also to the people with the mail problems it's probably an outage from a bad software push or something. It happens so often there, daily even. Sounds like it was a bad one if they had to migrate users.

Old ass hardware failing for SAN was probably the reason. They would never upgrade anything, although that's not uncommon. Expecting 15 year old shit to work without redundancy isn't though, especially with such a large company. As far as your data goes they will probably be getting your shit off tapes and putting it on a new SAN.
>>
>>55732426
LOL
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.