[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me to upgrade to 10 /g/ Is the botnet real or just autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 32

File: file.png (209KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
209KB, 800x450px
Convince me to upgrade to 10 /g/
Is the botnet real or just autistic gentoofags talking about shit they don't know as usual?
>>
Gentooman here!

The botnet is real, you're not tech literate, you shouldn't use windows at all by now, start learning.
>>
>>55730264
It's literally all just a meme.
>>
>>55730264
It's pretty much autistic gentoofags.
>inb4 that "botnet" wireshark which is literally random net traffic+updates
>inb4 that "muh inconsistency" windows 10 screenshot compilation
If you're going to deal with few things here and there not being perfect, it's pretty great desu
also better than 8/8.1, personally I think it's better than 7 but mostly because 7 is now the new XP
>>
First you need to ask yourself if you really need to upgrade. You're going to have minimum 4 more years of updates with previous versions of Windows.

Second, you need to ask yourself if the new "features", like the forced updates, forced spyware, forced windows defender, and new style apps made for tablets and phones are going to help you do your daily tasks more efficiently or not.

For me, the answer was clear: I can do everything I need on Windows 7 with far less annoyances that if I were using Windows 10.
>>
If you want to use it for your main OS, don't do it, it's shit. If you're on Linux otherwise, you might as well for future compatibility, especially if you play any games.
>>
>>55730264
yeah it's just autists the OS is fine
>>
i've been using win10 for a few weeks now, and i see pretty much no improvements over win7 and it's actually been more of a headache since every time i boot up a game their xbox app will automatically turn itself on and sap my performance.
>>
Dx 12
>>
File: mako.png (91KB, 386x509px) Image search: [Google]
mako.png
91KB, 386x509px
>>55730576
The only thing that wants me to upgrade is this. Ive been using 8.1 for the past 2 years with most botnet features disabled.
How much will the performance impact be on 10?
Can I de-botnet 10 like 8.1?

I tried 10 a year ago, it was literally garbage back then, how is it now?
>>
>>55730617
Perfect outside the extra botnet
>>
>>55730264
>Windows 10
>Upgrade
Pick one

No one interested in tech would consider getting 10 in it's current broken buggy state, botnet aside
>>
>>55730505
>since every time i boot up a game their xbox app will automatically turn itself on and sap my performance.

so just delete it?

http://dws.wzor.net/
>>
Do whatever you want. I myself don't trust it but I'm not the one being spied by microsoft if my paranoia happens to be justified.

I'm spied by google tho. I wish some snowden tier leak would happen at google so we can have an idea of what shady things these shenanigans are doing behind our back while we're buzy capturing Zubats and walking kilometers to take care of pokemon eggs
>>
>>>>55732207
No one cares about your data
>>
>>55732333
Uh-huh. Why are they obsessed with collecting it then?
>>
>>55730264
It is literally spyware. If you were older and remembered using DOS, you'd realize that this Microsoft telescreen is so horrific in its violation of the user's privacy that back in the day the mere idea of such spyware OS would have been laughed off as something that could never happen in reality.
>>
>>55732350
Statics and service improvement
>>
>>55732402

>It is literally spyware.

...says the android user
>>
>>55732402
Proofs?
>>
>>55732333
It's not just "a curious intern searching for nudez" I'm worried about. It's the capability to link all my internet identities to the real me.

Consider this example.
>There was this guy that used to post in desktop threads. People kept mentioning him and his stuff. Dude was publishing all his dotfiles on github (this guy also put his irssi config file with nick / password there for anyone to see). This linked me to his resume, with his real name and address. This also linked me to his reddit account. This guy, who seemed to know his shit was unironically preaching hateful stuff like "muslims bombs themselves, it's in their religion", blaming refugees, Islam, whatever related every other thread.
In the meanwhile, this dudes continues to shitpost on IRC about korean drama as if nothing happened.

Now, I'm just a dude who was curious and don't have real means of investigation. But imagine I was in the same company as this guy, I would just have had to dump the logs and bam, he's fired and I can meme myself to take his post.

Realizing that any google employee knows more about me than I know about this guy scares me.
>>
>>55730300

I use my PC for gaming.

"you shouldn't use windows at all" is a crap argument when it's the better platform for gaming.
>>
>>55732414
Do you have cool janitor powers or was it just a blind guess?

Anyway, my Android use is limited in scope. I don't consider it an OS in the sense of a desktop computer OS. This tablet is a toy for sleepy reading and shitposting for Google archives.
>>
>>55732603
That's fine if you keep it at /v/. Now it's just sad.
>>
>>55732520
But Islam is very dodgy, and I'd have no problem saying it in real life. Years ago I decided to see what it's about and studied its scripture and doctrines. It was worse than I expected. Also, Muslim cultural norms are very different, and Muslim refugees have committed sexual assaults and worse in pretty much every European country. So while it's possible the guy in question is hateful, I certainly don't buy the generic Islamophobia type smearing. No doubt he'd be fired, but facts might actually be on his side, facts that are politically and societally inconvenient.
>>
>>55732957
I don't know mate. It's quite easy to be biased on the question.

As for the sexual assaults, I think it's too easy to jump to conclusions. Thinking "Muslims refugee" are the root of everything bad that is happening in Europe is as accurate as "cis white men ruling the patriarchy" claimed by the sjw or seeing rednecks and assuming these represents the occidental world.

Also, if I was a Syrian, Muslim or not, I'd be on the road trying to escape this shithole.

Anyway, my point was "There employees in a company that know enough about the majority of us to be able to destroy our social image".
>>
>>55730264
I know you're just being passive-agressive but if you're interested in an answer just read their terms by yourself, every person has a different criteria on what is acceptable and what is not, if you agree with their terms and you like it go for it dude.
>>
>>55732603
When did it become acceptable for /v/edditors to freely roam around this board?
Fuck off manchild
>>>/v/
>>
>>55732436
It sends unidentifiable data even after turning everything possible in our power off and using third-party blockers. "For experience improvement"

And how it was pushed on people

How about someone proves there's nothing to be paranoid about?
>>
>>55733216

"hey anon, you are good with computers right? My son wants a gaming PC for his birthday, according to my research it's better value to build a PC yourself, could you set one up for my son? I have a 500 dollar budget. I'll give you a blowjob if you do this for me."

>buy thinkpad 2nd hand
>install gentoo
>keep the change
>>
File: dssdsd.png (15KB, 733x591px) Image search: [Google]
dssdsd.png
15KB, 733x591px
Nothing to worry about.

Most of the "spy" stuff you disable during the installation. This one setting is all the "botnet" you are going to get, which is way less than what Google/Android take from you.
>>
>>55730264
I've been using it for almost one year exactly, there is litterally no improvements over 7. Acutally, a small downgrade like extra ram usage.

Plus it's a pain trying to disable all the spying shit which probably didn't even work. kek
>>
What about 8.1?
>>
>>55733437
Prove it
>>
Don't fucking do it you retard, don't listen to MS shills here, and this comes from MS-loving person

Win10 really is bad
>>
>>55733437
>that font rendering
Truly Windows 10 may be the worst Windows version ever created.
>>
File: windowsbadgoodcycle.jpg (80KB, 1283x314px) Image search: [Google]
windowsbadgoodcycle.jpg
80KB, 1283x314px
>>55733752
8.1 is the perfect sweet spot.
>>
>>55735019
Windows 10.1 AKA Anniversary Update is the next one
>>
File: image.png (125KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 600x848px
>mrw just sitting here watching this shit go down
>>
File: image.png (556KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>55735077
Why?
What does it add/fix/botnetremove?
>>
>>55735944
More tabletshit that no one asked for!

And few bugfixes and that's it.
>>
File: 1466725424618.png (149KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
1466725424618.png
149KB, 423x384px
>>55730617
It just really depends if you have a system that can be benefited from DX12, for example, a dedicated gaming rig with a quad core processor.

My brother asked me this question some days ago, alongside his main rig, he has a mid ranged laptop, with a low voltage dual core with a mid range dedicated gpu, in those laptops you'll have a barely noticeable improvement over your not-that-good hardware, specially if you consider it is a laptop that he uses for mundane things like occasional gaming on mid settings or low demanding emulation, it won't be that much better with dx12 and you'll pay the price for upgrading to a SO that has roughly a year of being out, plus all of its downsides.

tl;dr, as long as you have decent hardware to be benefited from it, go for it, other than that stay in 8.1.
>>
>>55730617
>Can I de-botnet 10 like 8.1?
Nope. It either bypasses all blocks or breaks something in the system if you try anything.
>>
>>55730264
If you disabled the botnet in 8.1, it's kinda the same thing here.

Look, I don't understand you Windows fags that refuse to upgrade, as if 7 or 8 are these holy grail operating systems that you don't want to lose.

Holy fuck, if a Windows OS is already your primary operating system, just do the upgrade. Everything Microsoft is doing to improve Windows is being done in W10. All the security features and updates are W10-focused. You'll have greater customer support on W10 moving into the future, also.

Just do it, there's no reason not to if you're already a Windows fag. You trust Windows so much already, what the fuck do you have to lose by upgrading? I never understood this.
>>
File: 1301558535567.jpg (45KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
1301558535567.jpg
45KB, 453x640px
>>55736183
>. Everything Microsoft is doing to improve Windows is being done in W10

Every "improvement" there is tablet-focused and will be. They've done nothing but degrade desktop-experience.
>>
>>55730264
there seems to be a sleep mode issue on certain chipsets with win 10. where even if you disable hibernation and sleep the machine will go into a sleep mode that it cannot wake up from.
>>
>>55736183
>just do the upgrade
No.
>Everything Microsoft is doing to improve Windows is being done in W10
All the new "features" in W10 have been a step backwards and user hostile. With Windows 10 you basically lose control of your own computer. You can't even disable the fucking Windows Defender for fucks sake. I love getting my CPU raped when I'm working because Windows thinks I'm retarded and I need an AV scan every 3 hours. I love that MS upgrades my video drivers to new buggy ones without my permission and having me to manually uninstall them. And let's not talk about these new UWP apps. My computer uses a keyboard and a mouse and I don't want fucking tablet apps.
> All the security features and updates are W10-focused.
Windows 7 continues to get security updates. And not really interested in the new "updates".
>You'll have greater customer support on W10 moving into the future, also.
I've never used customer support for Windows and I've been a user since Windows 98.

I know you shills are trying hard to convince us but it's not really working. Tell Microsoft to fix the issues and maybe some people will consider upgrading. Meanwhile, W10 will continue to get disappointing upgrade numbers, the PC marketshare will continue to shrink while Macs and even fucking Chromebooks gain marketshare.
>>
>>55736420
I'm not a shill, you winbabby. I'm a freetard Archfag. I just don't understand why you losers think you're going to lose something so great by upgrading your shitty OS.
>>
>>55736631
So to sum up, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: 1315322338317.png (151KB, 455x511px) Image search: [Google]
1315322338317.png
151KB, 455x511px
>>55736631
>I'm a freetard Archfag. I just don't understand why you losers think you're going to lose something so great by upgrading your shitty OS.
>>
>>55736661
You tinfoil fagman, if Microsoft is as evil as you conspiritards say, and all the conspiracy theories are true, then they've already got you if you're connected to the internet, regardless of whatever shit you think you did to stop them from backdooring their own OS.

So you really have nothing to lose by upgrading, except maybe your "I still use 7 because I'm smarter!" neckbeard superiority.
>>
File: 1281197164289.png (44KB, 240x254px) Image search: [Google]
1281197164289.png
44KB, 240x254px
>>55736711
Got more?
>>
>>55730264

DirectX 12, which can access pure hardware like graphics cards

that's the reason why RX 480 beats 970/980 in DirectX12 games

>inb4 "DirectX12 is only used in like 3 gaymes

Did you guys say the same thing about DirectX 9,10,11?
>>
>>55730264
its real enough that the french fucking goverment had enough of its shit

>tinfoil hat
kek good goyim
>>
>>55736725
just this

I drew it in MS Paint© on Windows 10©
>>
>>55736711
You are moving the goalposts. My main gripes with Windows 10 are different that ">muh botnet" (as I posted here >>55736420), although not being able to disable telemetry is of course another valid reason.

Some of these new W10 "features" do get in my way and make my work harder that it should be. Therefore I refuse to upgrade because from my viewpoint Windows 10 is worse than 7, and because some of us do real work on our computers. Of course Arch users usually aren't employed so you wouldn't understand. Is it now clear, retard?
>>
>>55736810
oh idk, I didn't read your post man.

Those are legit gripes I guess, I was just addressing the botnet meme
>>
>>55736831
No problem m8 and sorry for the tone but every time I remember the few weeks I spent with Windows 10 my blood boils.
>>
>>55736887
yeah I'm the same with 8, I hated that shit

Nowadays I only have W10 in a virtualbox for Visual Studio, which is always a pleasure to use
>>
The botnet is real, but it doesn't matter.

You should install Windows 10 if it will fill a niche not met by your current operating system or systems.
>>
>>55736934
>if it will fill a niche not met by your current operating system or systems.
Such as?
>>
Is Windows 10 truly free (gratis) now?
Just bought a new motherboard, cpu (skylake) and ssd and decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10, at setup I didn't input any key, and now it just says Windows is activated (with the license being 'digital entitlement"), the fuck is going on?
Did Windows actually scan my other harddrive (which is a cracked/activated Daz Windows 7 installation) and make me a "digitally entitled activation"? (Which was installed on a completely different motherboard - x58, lga1366, i7 920)
I had prepared using one of the KMS activators, but apparently I don't have to now.
>>
>>55730264
Just use it. For the stuff you need privacy/security use a laptop with some other OS.
>>
>>55737291
>it's really good, honest! just use something else for normal stuff
>>
Is it true that as long as you upgrade to Windows 10 and then go back to the previous one, the free upgrade will remain available to you even after the deadline?
>>
>>55737382
Yes.
>>
>>55737278
i have pirated windows 7, so it would be good for me to upgrade.
>>
My company upgraded. Roughly 500 licences bought and paid for even though it's free. What the flying fuck man...
>>
>>55733323
If the data is unidentifiable, why should we care about it?
>>
>>55737522
As the data is unidentifiable to US. We can't tell what that data contains or where it goes. And it should be a concern seeing they are pushing very hard to get that data.
>>
How do I SSH into my Windows 10 machine from work
>>
>>55737568
Install a SHH server and add an exception to your firewall.
>>
>>55737278
Windows 10 license is now attached to your MSA
>>
>>55737515
it's only free on not bussines enviroments pajeeeet
>>
File: 1441259135981.jpg (809KB, 1300x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1441259135981.jpg
809KB, 1300x1244px
>>55736233
I think the window snap has actually improved my desktop experience quite a bit. I have two monitors and can easily have like 5-6 windows open at the same time, showing me what I need to know. Usually with just a click or two to achieve it. And swapping stuff out is easy, too.

That being said, I'm still holding out on deciding if I'm going to go back to 7 on this install or not.
>>
Win 10 is perfect software, but it comescwith bloat and some botnet
>>
>>55730264
If you want the truth about the NSA spying you will not find it here. Just leave this place full of baits and do some research.
>>
File: Facepalm.gif (653KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.gif
653KB, 350x263px
>>55736135
>>
>>55737515
>being this stupid
>>
>>55737754
wait for Anniversary Update next month. It's great.
>>
>>55738306
>paying $120 for something that's free now

why wait
>>
>>55738306
Just look at all the touch-shit most of us won't give two shits about and nothing else it's going to bring!
>>
>>55738633
once you see "Windows 10 s activated" on your PC any future version will be free forever.

>>55738653
>my little anon can't be this ignorant
-truly universal kernel
-improved TCP/UDP speeds
-improved memory management with -compression support
-improved multithreaded process management (optimized for browsers like Edge and Chrome)
-Extensions for Edge
-Windows Subsystem for Linux
-improved Settings
-better performance
-improved support for SSDs (now with 1/2 write accesses)
and so on
>>
>>55738746
>Windows Subsystem for Linux
This is a game changer.. Can't wait to the first stable version.
>>
>>55738746
>-Windows Subsystem for Linux
tell me more
>>
>>55738843
it runs ELD64 binaries natively. Anything you can imagine (apt-get, git, ssh, Redis, Python, gcc, Rails, cmake, ncurses...) works on WIndows without any emulation,
Canonical provides the Ubuntu packages.
>>
>>55738890
ELF64 binaries. And also graphi
>>
>>55738843
have fun
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/07/22/fun-with-the-windows-subsystem-for-linux/
>>
>>55738890
What is the actual use of that?
>>
>>55740855
go back to >>/v
>>
>>55740855

what are you doing here?
>>
>>55735944
>What does it add

Native linux shell
>>
Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10, get the windows 10 key for future use, then go back to Windows 8.1??
>>
>>55741177
yes
>>
Can you even pirate shit like i.e winrar?

Will it fuck up my dual booting with ubuntu 16.04?
>>
>>55741286
Why would you pirate quality software? I think WinRAR costs, what 30 bux or so?
>>
>>55741326
Fuck it I'll just get 7-zip and You didn't answer me
>>
>>55741355
Filthy pirates don't even deserve answers. Scum like you have ruined my life.
>>
File: rage.png (347KB, 698x720px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
347KB, 698x720px
>>55741387
Pirates made adobe go to subscription

as a hobbyist Photoshop/Premier guy that really fucked me in the ass, hard and I can't find any decent licenses of the non-perpetual type- it's like my only option is to pirate an earlier version. Makes me rage because I really want to be above board and the only way I've been able is to not run any adobe products.
>>
>>55741177
just get over it, you'll all be on in sooner or later and crying about how windows 2020 is the worst OS ever and you're sticking with windows 10 because yadda yadda.

if you're not still running XP you should just shut up and upgrade already.
>>
>>55732087
does this actually works??
>>
File: 1469389463806.png (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469389463806.png
78KB, 1920x1080px
Will this splash screen go away after July 29th? I tried to upgrade with the given upgrade assistant but it doesn't seem like its going to work and I can't be assed to try and fix it for windows 10
>>
You can rollback the upgrade and always have a valid W10 license for your hardware just in case, like if you need to sell it in an disastrous emergency.
>>
Who the fuck needs this piece of shit when you can get linux free fuck this garbage and fuck you micro$hills
>>
>>55741595
I doubt it, but it'll just be replaced with a "buy now" button.
>>
>>55741665
>implying we pay for windows
>>
>>55741417

It's about profit, not piracy. Companies always had to buy Photoshop, and moving to a subscription model only affects companies instead of regular people who will just keep pirating Photoshop.
>>
>>55741595
If they were actually sorry they wouldn't interrupt you.
>>
>>55733216
Since the beginning of time, retard. You share a board with people who enjoy things you don't. Deal with it.
>>
>>55741875
I barely care about the botnet meme or the quality of windows 10. It's the weirdly pushy attitude from Microsoft that pushes me away from """upgrading""" to w10.
>>
>>55730264

Upgrade, then immediately downgrade, thus securing your free upgrade for the future.
>>
>>55741844

The two are interelated retard, by the cloud subscriptions kill off casual piracy which results in increased profits.
>>
>>55741177
No
>>
>>55732603
>call gentoo users fags
>play videogayms
>>
File: IMG-20160723-WA0002.jpg (21KB, 582x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160723-WA0002.jpg
21KB, 582x468px
>>55738746
That's fucking cancer dude
>>
>>55741417
>as a hobbyist
then stick with cs6 you pompous sperg, as a professional, you don't really need any of the new features in CC

>>55741444
what's the rush? 4 or 5 years is plenty of time
>>
>>55741444
No, Windows 7 is vastly superior to 10 so there's no need to upgrade.
>>
>>55738965
Oh, snap, it's far more versatile than I expected.

>Warning: As with any console, you can modify/delete files in your Windows file system from Bash if you’re not careful. For example, you can do something like the below and end up wiping out a good bit of your Windows installation, assuming the Windows account you’re running under has rights to do so:

$ rm -rf /mnt/c/  <strong>[DO NOT DO THIS]</strong> 

>I bring this up because Linux commands are new to many of us, whereas Windows console commands are not.

let it begin.
>>
>>55738746
You forgot a lot of the new features senpai! No problem, we're here to help:

- integrated botnet
- forced system and drivers updates
- forced Windows Defender. Automatically scans and steals CPU every X hours, can only be stopped temporarily.
- new style tablet apps. Even the fucking settings app is a tablet app. Edge is a fucking tablet app
- worse font rendering in these UWP apps. Can't be tweaked
- much worse UI performance that 7 or 8. The start menu sometimes takes seconds to appear after clicking the Windows logo
- invasive and disruptive notifications.
- comes with fucking Candy Crush preinstalled
- the start menu looks by default is basically a giant ad. Takes a lot of time to leave it decently
- classic Windows games come with fucking ads. Probably a sign of what's to come in the future, with ads everywhere. And you aren't going to be able to reject the update that adds ads everywhere because the updates are forced.

In other words, install Windows 10 only if your time is free. Most of the features you're talking about, other OSes have it, like Linux. Doesn't mean you should use it as your main desktop OS.
>>
>>55730264
if you have updated windows you are allready part of botnet
>>
File: 1411957165730.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1411957165730.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>55730576
>tfw my A10-4600M doesn't support DX12
I guess Windows 7 is better anyway
>>
>>55730264
>Be me
>Doesn't listen to /g/
>Install botnet 10
>Looksgood.png
>Let's see if windows is fully activated
>Press start menu
>See ads
>Nope right back to wincuck 7
>>
>>55733437
Use a packet sniffer and come back.
It takes a fucking screen shot of your desktop and sends it to microsoft.
>>
>>55735019
Vista sp2 is my favorite tba.
>>
I upgraded right away when windows 10 first came out. Love it no complains. I leave the security settings on I honestly don't care every site you use takes your information anyways. Unless my mom sees what I look up on the internet I really do not care.
>>
Beyond any botnet argument, what convinced me that Windows 10 is terrible is when it decided to stop being able to read my wifi card, hard drive and my mouse. I'd dismissed my laptop as dead at that point after trying multiple fixes until I decided to boot Debian from a USB and everything just fucking werked. On top of that, Cortana just broke the entire damn search function on my desktop and I had to reinstall for muh games.

If you want updates that routinely break your system, you're better off with Arch.
>>
>>55745087
You can literally right click them and turn them off you double dip, how can you be on /g/ and this tech illiterate
>>
>>55745089
>somebody actually believes that hackNSA.bat video from a Russian "hacker".
>it has 2 full colour 1080p screenshots in 1kb of data

now I've seen it all.
Dat chiptune is nice though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (245KB, 1740x706px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
245KB, 1740x706px
hi /g/entelmen
It seems that I don't have Windows Subsystem for Linux, why? and how I turn it on??
pic related
>>
>>55745157
It's coming with Anniversary.
>>
>>55745136
I already knew i'd have to disable things upon install but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>55745163
That's just you being autistic you dumb namefag
>>
>>55745162
but people already using it? I'm confused senpai...
>>
>>55745136
So you think it's okay to have ads by default.

I didn't knew 10cucks were this stupid.
>>
>>55745183
People are using it with the "Insider Preview".
>>
>>55730264
The multiple desktop feature is vital.
>>
>>55745195
got it,thanks
>>
>>55745174
>2016
>Insulting behind a guise
Oh how i love the summer lmao.
>>
>>55745174
>tfw to autistic and paranoid to have a free candy crush preinstalled for me on windows 10
>>
>>55745323
Just delete it :^)

>B-BUT MY AUTISM WON'T LET ME
>>
>you will never be retarded and cuck enough to consider ads in the start menu and candy crush preinstalled acceptable
Good feels.
>>
>>55745383
>You will never be autistic enough to dismiss an operating system because of a single minor issue that you can permanently get rid off with two clicks
Feels fucking great

>c-cuck!
oh boy the /pol/ autism is leaking everywhere
>>
>>55745383
and main issue with iphones is that preinstaled u2 album
>>
>>55745046
great copypaste from build 10240 but we are talking about build 14393 you fucking moron
>>
>396.483.244 WINDOWS 10 DEVICES AND COUNTING
most successful Windows ever
>>
Fuuuuck, im considering upgrading for the sole reason of microsoft exclusive games.

The free period is coming to an end and I cant decide. On one hand I get dx12, and on the other I get botnet, forced updates, probably a bunch of issues initially, shitty inconsistent, ugly, flat and overly bright UI, etc.

Maybe ill buy a second hard driver and put win10 on that since I have quite a few "free" keys from college.
>>
Fuck that, the biggest issue is the forced updates which in turn means forced reboots.
>>
File: 1456205750415.jpg (84KB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
1456205750415.jpg
84KB, 1000x928px
>>55745902
>396.483.244 FORCED UPGRADES AND COUNTING
most cucked userbase ever
>>
File: Captura.png (44KB, 1248x606px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
44KB, 1248x606px
>>55745902
>give away a full OS for free, desperately trying people to use it because if it costed money nobody would buy that piece of shit
>meanwhile Windows 7 usage remains strong, even growing 2 points since April
You can't make this shit up. The worse OS ever created. People are voting, and they're saying they don't like W10. Sorry shills.
>>
>>55745363
pretty much this
>>
File: gl5u2pS.jpg (60KB, 540x871px) Image search: [Google]
gl5u2pS.jpg
60KB, 540x871px
>>55730264
Just do it
>>
File: 1455281456604.jpg (111KB, 650x691px) Image search: [Google]
1455281456604.jpg
111KB, 650x691px
>>
File: 49320860.jpg (45KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
49320860.jpg
45KB, 1063x752px
>>55730264
Do it
>>
File: Hz0hQdo.jpg (99KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
Hz0hQdo.jpg
99KB, 700x453px
>>55730264
DO IT DO IT
>>
>>55746643
back up ALL your shit, make sure it's accessible and transferable
make sure you have your win 7 disk ready, if not, download one from that german digi river collection
upgrade to win10, dont bother with the fucking details just upgrade and ensure it's activated
then pop in the win 7 disk, boot to it, wipe your drive completely, and start over with a fresh win 7
once you're in win 7, download the media creation tool by microsoft, and keep that usb for when you want to upgrade to win 10

now, when win 7 support ends and there's actually good fucking games out (lmao probably won't be for another 2 years at least), you can freely upgrade
>>
File: 1465328646756.png (225KB, 1022x479px) Image search: [Google]
1465328646756.png
225KB, 1022x479px
Botnet? It's even worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgs9g-Q-Zm8
>>
>>55736763
This.
>>
>>55730264
Something Happened
>>
Daily reminder to drop MS.

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
https://archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
https://archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
https://archive.is/2XIvX
https://archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
https://archive.is/thsGd
https://archive.is/sz1nt
https://archive.is/g3QdQ
https://archive.is/ko469
https://archive.is/l6pmO
https://archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
http://archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
https://archive.is/vhjwm
https://archive.is/2jehd
https://archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
https://archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.
>>
>>55735019
> counts 8.1 as a different OS
> doesn't count 98SE and 2000.
>>
Reminder that keeping Windows 7 is not an option, since telemetry come with updates also to 7 and 8.1. So either you disable updates and have an insecure system, vunerable to any scriptkiddie stuff, or you bite the apple and get the same botnet as Windows 10 to 7.

Oh, and no, running unknown code made by literally who that promises to "disable" the botnet is far away from common sense.
>>
>>55748299
You're legitimately retarded, I feel bad for you.
>>
>>55748315
enjoy ur botnet
>>
File: 1443514014258.gif (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
1443514014258.gif
2MB, 1718x938px
>>
I'm going to use my GF's computer to test it

Can I get some "how to remove bloat and botnet" for windows 10?
>>
File: 1278863586507.jpg (76KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
1278863586507.jpg
76KB, 519x600px
>>55748454
>Can I get some "how to remove bloat and botnet" for windows 10?
>>
>>55730264
I've been monitoring my network activity and keeping the computer turned on overnight the past week or so, and I haven't seen any significant outgoing data after using the usual group policy edits and hosts file editing to block telemetry.
>>
>>55748212
>1kb file
>desktop screenshot
Is that fag even trying
>>
>>55748212
>insider preview version

No shit their confidential insider sneak peek test version has extra security measures.
>>
>>55748359
T-E-L-E-M-E-T-R-Y
use it on your apps, it could save your life
>>
>>55748517
compressed in bmp RLE
nah, he's dumb.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (78KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
78KB, 1366x768px
>plz upgrade messages get changed over time
>curious how they change it to harass hold outs so don't block the update
>get this one this morning
>it hijacks my screen, have to tab out to get the bar
holy fuck MS

at least they gave a do not notify for once, it only took to the end of the "free" offer.
>>
>>55748567
>it only took to the end of the "free" offer.
Actually one lawsuit
>>
>>55748299
Or you could just remove telemetry updates manually ... retard
>>
>>55748593
I think I heard about that, the upgrade ruined some ladies computer or something?

Most people I know upgraded accidentally and fucked over their computer somehow, so it's not surprising. Fucked up lots of office computers too.
>>
>>55748629
I work in an electronics store, and we have been fucking BUSY with computers wrecked by updating to win10 for one reason or another.
>>
>>55748647
I'd imagine you would be. Here employees click popups to make them go away. Our software and hardware is all pretty old to start with, and 10 didn't carry over settings properly so everything down to the fax machine doesn't work right since the "upgrade". Would be surprised if MS doesn't get more lawsuits over the next while.
>>
File: microsoft_scanning.png (114KB, 828x1154px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft_scanning.png
114KB, 828x1154px
>>55730264
>FREE HALO 5 & BASH CMD CONTROL
That's why I "upgraded"

It's still a windows product though, so block your goddamn ports and ban IPs or you'll be dumping all your data back to M$
>>
>>55748725
I love how everyone is like "Oh look bash on Windows, that's so amazing !"

But MinGW was already running on Win 2k ...
>>
>>55748768
desu it's a pure gimmick, no real point to it imo

I still prefer to run anything in a virtualmachine when unix required

if it wasn't for the 2d/3d software & support for winblows, I'd never use the os
>>
>tfw wanna upgrade and then revert just in case
>PC doesnt have much on it, fresh install from last month
>still reluctant because of these fuckups people keep preaching
>>
>>55748768
And Cygwin gives you a complete Linux-like environment, I've been using it for my UNIX needs since Windows 98.
>>
>>55748865
Why not?

Upgrade, go back to 7, and if you ever feel like 10 again it'll automatically activate as long as you have the same hardware.
>>
>>55748725
>so block your goddamn ports and ban IPs or you'll be dumping all your data back to M$
what
>>
File: 1468556970933.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468556970933.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>55730264
Microdick will not spy on me that's why i use gnu Linux
I also prevent irl spying by taking some measures.
When i leave the house i always wear a shopping bag on my head with holes for the eyes so that cameras won't record me
After all i don't want to be seen walking into a store because people will know my preferences and that's private information.
>that's what you sound like
>>
>>55748919
Sure but i takes lots of space and its integration is worse (imho) than MinGW since it doesn't rely on DLLs like Cygwin ... Okay the latter is much more complete but whoever need a complete Unix env and use Win for work can dual boot

Completely unrelated but it would be fun t compare performance between MinGW, Cygwin and Winbows bash
>>
File: ms_port_scans.jpg (1012KB, 900x1059px) Image search: [Google]
ms_port_scans.jpg
1012KB, 900x1059px
>>55748965
They take snapshots of your directories, configs, etc and send it back home to M$ so they can "evaluate the anonymous technical data reports to help optimize the software for the best user experience"

This data of course gets sent along with unique hardware & network identifiers, making it very easy for them to de-anonymize the data if they so wished (would be very simple to do lel)

It's part of the MS user-experience m8, you agree to this shit when you accept the terms and conditions of using it
>>
>>55730264
If you only play the newest AAA games and don't care about Microsoft knowing every detail of your life, go ahead.
The privacy settings are a joke, "but I can disable it". Maybe for a little bit before Microsoft re-renables it. Look at Facebook, they're constantly trying to undermine your "privacy settings" by making subtle changes to the ui or changing the definition of a setting so they can regain access to your info.
>>
>>55749037
Yeah but what's that about blocking your ports and ban IP
>>
>>55732412
Which becomes quality assurance once they have control over their product (you, you fucking retard).
>>
>>55749037
> Using peerblock instead of default firewall
>>
>>55733437
>Microsoft changes ui and resets privacy settings
Technically they are not obligated in any way to protect your privacy. They are, however obligated to be profitable for their shareholders. I bet in a few years they'll just remove those settings entirely.
>>
>>55749061
What's confusing about blocking IPs?

>>55749110
Yeah I was using that just after installing it fresh, I have moved over to firewalling via a dedicated openwrt router
>>
>>55735019
>windows 8.1 on the good side

KEK
>>
>>55730264
The botnet is real.
Time to buy a playstation if you can't live without gaymen.
Install gentoo.
>>
I'm about to have a bit of a playaround and cleanout of my PC. I was going to get Windows 10 because a free, "legal" version of Windows is just so convenient. Issue is I've never had a legit version of Windows in my life. I'm guessing, I need to resort to piracy for my new install anyway so there's no point in going for 10, is this correct?
>>
>>55732414
what are you implying?
>>
>>55750650
Android is trash, so tired of you idiots supporting it.
Sure iOS is the most fucking boring OS on the planet but it's the only secure mobile OS.
>>
>>55730264
Botnet is real

Not fine

Only jackasses think this is an OS to use outside an airgapped gaming scenario

Dear god don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>55750650
when you turn your phone screen off, google looks through your phone data and uploads profile info they have on you, also your mic listens to you for google search analytics.

ios doesn't do this without requiring a custom rom with broken features and no warranty.
>>
Why cant we have classic theme
I can't stand win 10 look
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.