[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here is waiting for the Singularity to happen? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20120828-singularity.png (863KB, 1024x994px) Image search: [Google]
20120828-singularity.png
863KB, 1024x994px
Who else here is waiting for the Singularity to happen?

I mean, everything right now seems so dull. It's like you've seen it all, nothing really impress you anymore. Computational advances are getting slower and slower every year.

So, how long do you think we'll have to wait for the true HAPPENING?
>>
It won't happen.
I'm not sure "The Singularity" is even a meaningful concept.
>>
>>55727343

It's probably going to happen sooner or later, just not during our life time.

I'd say 100-200 years
>>
Go learn some zen. It will blow your mind. One day you wake up and realize there is a hidden depth & kindness to the world that you had no fucking clue about. Thinks you think you knew -- zero clue.
>>
>>55727402
Where does one start
>>
>>55727343

>The technological singularity is a hypothetical event in which an upgradable intelligent agent (such as a computer running software-based artificial general intelligence) enters a 'runaway reaction' of self-improvement cycles, with each new and more intelligent generation appearing more and more rapidly, causing an intelligence explosion and resulting in a powerful superintelligence that would, qualitatively, far surpass all human intelligence.[1][2] This would signal the end of the human era, as the new superintelligence would continue to upgrade itself and would advance technologically at an incomprehensible rate.[3]
>>
>>55727406
There isn't a fixed place to start. Follow your heart. Do what you enjoy & give the other stuff a chance because you might come to like it.

I started with meditating every other day & listening to Gil's podcasts at audiodharma.org. Check /r/Buddhism and they might have something. Right now I do zen koans because I like stories & puzzles. Totally depends on you.
>>
What I mean is that right now you have access to so much information, and if you wanted to do something you just need to search on Google or use an online service to complete certain specific tasks. You still need to understand the data you find and then put it into practice. With time this will improve, to the point where you'll get a computer assistant who is able to do most if not all tasks for you. Without humans understanding of how it works or analyzing the data.

So for example, say you want a website made. Right now you an search and find all the info about graphic design, coding, hosting, domain registration, etc. In the future, with more development, you'll simply describe in general terms what you want and the computer will do it for you.

Once you have systems like this, human work will be less needed, and there will be a focus on ideas versus understanding. At this point there will be a huge influx of new information, services and systems. It would then lead to artificial intelligence.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.