[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I just started programming on the fun stimulants Wow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: EL3bTZ0.gif (684KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
EL3bTZ0.gif
684KB, 500x281px
>tfw I just started programming on the fun stimulants

Wow this shit is fun as fuck, literally fun like getting your dick sucked if it's a project you're interested in. I think I coded 16 hours with maybe an hour break and felt excited every second. It feels like fucking cheat codes and the most rewarding puzzle game you've ever played.

Does /g/ use stimulants? For what?
>>
>>55726259
>Does /g/ use stimulants? For what?
36 hour coding sessions and parties.
>>
meth fueled code monkey rage > sex
>>
Wish I had your enthusiasm. Amphetamines are the only way I'll do my programming homework.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
4KB, 300x300px
Sometimes i smoke meth and masturbate for 6-10hrs.
>>
tfw i take stimulants to get out of bed in the morning
>>
>tfw cunt of a doctor wouldn't prescribe me Adderall and I'm too poor/antisocial to get it any other way
>>
I drink coffee and that is about it as far as stimulants go. Whenever I have a hard time thinking, it's not due to a lack of energy or inability to focus, it's because I'm worried about other things and I focus on those things instead. I'm one of the few people who can be very productive after smoking weed because I can focus fully on whatever I'm doing, and not on the things that are worrying me. Of course being antisocial and living where I do I have no access.

Kind of pisses me off how doctors hand out Ritalin and Concerta like candy but marijuana lands you in jail. I swear half the kids I went to college with had a prescription for that shit, and it's basically meth. It's very hypocritical.
>>
>>55727521
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2UvwXjB5MIUVjRINldNY2s1Nkk
let's make this a code thread.
>>
>>55727513
I take dextroamphetamines.

Even though this shit is terrible for your health, I still cannot deny how beneficial they are to productivity.

That being said, you need a level of discipline to take ADHD meds. If you do something non-productive (gayming), you'll get concentrated on that and have nothing to show for at the end of the day.
>>
>>55727698
I was on dex for a while. Never scored less than 95% on my exams, and always got full scores on my essays. But it really fucked me up long term
>First week - No sleep, and no appetite
>Second week - Finally getting 2 hours of sleep each night
>Third week - Appetite coming back, but can only eat one meal a day
>Fourth week onwards - Losing weight fast, appetite is still shit, still only getting a few hours sleep each night.
>By the end of the 6th month - horrible tremors, hallucinations, and dropped down from 74kg to 58kg. Look like a starving ethiopian that has risen from the dead.
>>
What's funny is that all of you are druggies. If you got off of that shit including caffeine for a sufficient period of time then you would return to your child like energy levels.

I've been stimulant free for about 4 months now and I have nearly as much energy every day, for a solid 16-18 hours, as my caffeine, adderall and provigil highs. I've never done meth, never will so I can't compare what I've got now to that but I can guarantee I don't have your lows and it only took about two months to rebalance after blasting it every time I needed to get anything done.

There's no euphoria, no crazy amount of happiness, but it doesn't take effort to concentrate; I just get things done.

You should really think about whether you want 120% then 30% or whether you want 100% all the time.

Good luck bros.
>>
>>55727816
Solid advice.

You can't completely avoid caffeine, right? What about soda?
>>
>>55727942

I completely avoid it which means no chocolate, no coffee, no energy drinks, no caffeinated sodas. If I'm drinking tea it means herbal only. There are plenty of drinks that don't have it.
>>
>>55727991
>no chocolate
What a sad existence
>>
>>55728012

I'm not going to lie, after the first couple of hellish weeks I went through a period where I dreamed about chocolate several nights in a row. It's not a joke.
>>
>>55726259
Good. The next step is to start crossdressing. You can't be a good coder without dressing up like a girl.
>>
>>55728012
Not him, but i don't crave sweets at all. Don't eat chocolate because i don't want to. My life is pretty good.
>>
>>55727816
Confirmed. This is very solid advice.

If you NEED it need it, appropriate use of stimulants of all levels can be achieved. However, don't forget all you're doing with these is borrowing energy from the future - inhibiting reuptake of seratonin, for the amphetamine group - and you are going to have to pay the piper.

Also, you won't be lucid about it - but your high thought processes don't keep up with what you think your concentration is - so while it might be good for banging out quick code, the design, structure and organisation will not be even close to your best work.
>>
>>55729003
Can relate. Although at first you get really distracted by the skirt and can't concentrate 100%. After a few days you get used to it and start to love the comfy feeling it gives you. If you don't like the idea of crossdressing then it won't improve your productivity at all, even if you get used to it. I recommend crossdressing only to people that don't mind it.
>>
>>55730048
>>55727816
This. Magic pills are a tax on your body. Enjoy your intense burst of concentration and productivity because it doesn't last.
>>
>>55727816
Yep. Its something about your brain producing natural chemicals to keep you sharp, if you introduce external sources of chemicals, your body reduces production of natural ones.
Good sleep, some cardio and decent diet is all i need.
>>
1-2 mugs of green tea. MAYBE a cup of black tea if shit is hitting the fan. Coffee is too strong, I only use it as a preworkout and that will be my caffeine for the day.. If I'm too tired to code after that I'm too tired to code.

>>55727816
Good for you, I think caffeine is fine in low doses, though
>>
>>55729003
>>55730643
Oh, what a glorious /g/ meme this is.

Real talk: There really are a fair few transwomen, traps, crossdressers, and related etc in the tech field. I have no clue why that is (and I am one, but it doesn't give you any special insight).

My advice is simply to dress however you feel the most comfortable dressing. Maybe that is some schoolgirl or maid stuff; maybe that's sweet lolita or goth lolita burando; maybe it's jeans and a hoodie, or a dressing gown. How you dress doesn't matter to anyone else if you are working on your own (if you are in groups, please consider their sensibilities and what they do or do not consent to seeing).

Whatever you, personally, feel you are most comfortable with. That's the key: comfortable. Not something distractingly arousing or strange to you. You need to be able to focus.

That goes for all of your environment when doing any kind of creative work, really.
>>
>>55726259
>think I coded 16 hours with maybe an hour break and felt excited every second
I do this without stimulants whenever it's a project I'm interested in.

Sucks to be you OP.
>>
>>55727991
>I completely avoid it which means no chocolate
Why no chocolate? Does it contain caffeine or just for the sugar ?
>>
>>55727816
I'm no druggie and I have zero energy and zero motivation
>>
>>55734164
try z o l o f t my nigga
o
l
o
f
t
>>
>>55726259
which stimulant?
>>
>>55726259
Modafinil?
>>
>>55735495
maid dress
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.