[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/. What happened to the days when Malware/Viruses/Worms/etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Hey /g/.
What happened to the days when Malware/Viruses/Worms/etc were about having fun and fucking peoples shit up? Why is everything now a ransomware with the same kind of payload?
What happened to people having fun?
>>
I blame pajeet, but seriously I'm assuming people started to realize that money could be made. I don't make computer viruses nor do I know how but today it seems like there's more security to get through just to say ha ha I messes with your computer.
tl;dr money, and the outcome isn't worth the effort put into it.
>>
>>55726378
*messed, my bad
>>
>>55726157
Dunno, some people saw how it could be profitable.

>having fun

Those fart buttons back in the day would pop up every time and I would click it after I finish my session.
>>
What type of fun exactly? I think you're misremembering things.
>>
>>55726963
Fucking around with code to make something destructive and/or kinda goofy and unique. Like a lot of old DOS or Win9x malware and stuff.

I mean look at this shit mate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2qzdQzk7iA
This kind of old virus had some fucking character to it.
>>
>>55726157
money>fun
>>
Because now there is valuable photos or work related stuff as well as banking details or valuable account information stored on computers.
>>
>>55726157
The people making them grew up, and instead of doing it for keks, now they do it for shekels.

Watch a Mikko Hyppönen talk to understand.
>>
>>55729038
Why not do it for kekels
>>
>>55728001
danooct1 is a pretty good channel.
>>
You get money. Then you get fun. With the said money. While getting more fun than trying to get fun with the aforementioned Malware/Viruses/Worms/etc.

it's simple.
>>
>>55726157
is that MEMZ?
>>
most modern viruses and ransomware are developed by agencies that make money off selling antivrus, malware, etc.
>>
>>55732124
Yep. MEMZ 4.0 running in Windows 7 with Aero off.
>>
>1998
>back orifice was a thing
>sit on IRC scanning the ports of people who join
>log into an open PC and have complete access
>fuck around with people's chat PMs, trigger random popup windows, edit peoples' autoexec.bat to display messages
Ah to be a kid again.
>>
those hackers probably go into the pockets of people who wanted to make money.
>>
exploits become harder and harder to find, getting one and not selling it to some chink company is stupid, can easily make lots of money.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.