[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, I have a desktop and a laptop I'm looking to sell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: computer_sale.gif (18KB, 200x218px) Image search: [Google]
computer_sale.gif
18KB, 200x218px
Hi /g/, I have a desktop and a laptop I'm looking to sell as they don't get much use anymore, but have no experience selling used computers.

How should I price these computers? I know I won't get a ton for them, but maybe there's some sort of percentage of retail price used computers go for?

Desktop:
Core i7 4770K
Asus Maximus VI Hero
16 GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
500GB Samsung SSD
Full noctua fans, CPU waterblock, Fractal case.

BenQ XL2720Z, was going to sell separately but maybe including a display increases the price significantly?

Laptop:
Core i7 2630QM
12GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M
500GB shitdrive
1080p Matte display that I upgraded from default shit one.

Was probably just going to try craigslist and maybe local facebook buy/sell. Any tips on pricing or selling would be great.
>>
>>55724638
~400$ for the desktop
same for the laptop
>>
What currency?

AUD:

Desktop $2,000 (negotiable, take 1600+ but aim for 1800)

Laptop $800 (negotiable, take 700+)
>>
>>55725240
I think I'll aim for CAD
1,800 Desktop
550 Laptop

try to get quick sales. thanks for the reply
>>
>>55724638
>Noctua fans
Go back to your containment board
>>>/v/
>>
>>55725478
Wow calm down big boy, what if he is an indian?
>>
File: 1400250450330.jpg (75KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
1400250450330.jpg
75KB, 400x380px
>>55725478
>not using the quietest and coolest fans
>>
>>55724638
Speaking as someone that buys and sells on Craigslist frequently OP; don't expect to get more than ~50% of original retail value. Now you have good components on your desktop but I doubt you'll get more than about $800 for it considering both CPU and GPU are two generations old. Add this to the fact you have to consider why people use CL, because they're trying to find awesome deals. I only jump on something when the seller is selling it for <30% what I know it's worth or otherwise really need it. Personally though I'd call it $800 but depending on your area you might have to accept around $700.

As for the Laptop, if it's a ROG or Alienware you'd probably manage about $400 on the outside if it's still in good condition. If not then $300-400

Tips in general; take several good pictures, be specific on specs but don't throw in a bunch of bullshit description of how much you love it and can't bear to let go of it, it's just cringey. Set your asking price at least $100 over what you really want to get so people can't haggle you down way less than you want. If you're willing to take a trade on something be specific about EXACTLY what you need or all you'll get is assholes trying to get you to trade them your $1300 gaming rig for an XBOX 360, their collection of John Madden games, and some car audio shit that fucking hagglers always seem to have lying around.

Don't expect to get even eBay prices, as buyers there usually have some protections, Craigslist is a gamble and people expect to pay less as they could be burned. That being said I expect you'd get at least $1000 for the two of those if you're patient. And that's the key, how long are you willing to sit on them?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.