[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do we allow HR to create job descriptions and do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: eaZravl.jpg (363KB, 583x1809px) Image search: [Google]
eaZravl.jpg
363KB, 583x1809px
Why the fuck do we allow HR to create job descriptions and do interviews for tech jobs? HR drones don't know what the fuck they're doing.

How is "extensive java, photoshop and autoCAD experience" relevant to a network admin job?
>>
>>55723876
HR here. My job descriptions are generally not a union of sets but more of an intersection of sets.

I've started making that explicit in my recent job description.

Previously:
> has 5 years of experience with java, javascript, linux, chef, puppet, salt, aws, python

Now:
> has 5 years experience with at least one of the following
>>
>>55723876
Bruh, I rather have some hot HR Chick create tech interviews then have to deal with Indian recruiter companies.

Pajeet HR manager is worse then Western Companies outsourcing their job to india.
>>
We don't. The top companies have the engineers do the interviews. Sorry you're not top tier material, OP.
>>
>How is "extensive java, photoshop and autoCAD experience" relevant to a network admin job?

HR here for 25 years at 10 different companies. I'll tell you why this happens. It's usually one of the following:

(1) They are looking to hire a specific person internally and they tailored the job description exactly to this person. This position needs to be advertised externally to satisfy policies, laws, regulations, legal recommendations, or some other bullshit reason.

(2) They make the requirements extremely outrageous so they can take H1B applicants when nobody applies. These H1B applicants are about 50 to 75% cheaper than American candidates.

(3) The previous employee who filled the position updated the job description to give himself a raise (or keep from getting a pay cut). There is a "compensation study" and the previous employee threw in a shit-ton of skills so that his pay is considered "market rate." The position description hasn't been updated after he left.

There are other reasons, but these are the most common.
>>
>>55724205
>(2) They make the requirements extremely outrageous so they can take H1B applicants when nobody applies. These H1B applicants are about 50 to 75% cheaper than American candidates.

This. It's for a retarded part of a process called Labor Certification. Basically, that's how a company declares there are no americans available to take that position at market rate.

We're forced to do this, because the person we're filing for is generally fucking smart compared to most americans, but "fucking smart" is not something that can go into this process.

There is a huge difference between "5 years of java" and "5 years of java and fucking good at it".But the dept of labor cannot grok this.
>>
Only the shit tier companies do that. Stop looking for work in flyover land.
>>
>>55724372
jose pls
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.