[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to netbooks? Don't give me bullshit about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: netbook.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
netbook.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Whatever happened to netbooks?

Don't give me bullshit about tablets and ultrabooks. You cannot do any productivity on a tablet without bringing a bunch of peripherals, and a 0.1-inch thick ultrabook with a diameter of 20 inches is not as portable as a 9-inch netbook.
>>
File: hp-chromebook-11-w-g02[1].jpg (104KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
hp-chromebook-11-w-g02[1].jpg
104KB, 775x500px
>>55723875
They still exist, they just got a big bigger. 11" Atom based machines <$300 are everywhere.
>>
>>55723875
They were a stillbirth that finally got aborted. Laptops under 12" got crippled keyboards, making the whole thing fucking dumb.

>You cannot do any productivity
What kind of productivity can you do with a smallass screen, smallass keyboard and a weakass cpu? Even basic things like browsing are a pain.
>>
>>55724260
/thread
>>
Asus still do convertible ones around the 300 bux
>>
>le portable meme
Tell me, where are you taking your netbook that you can't take a regular laptop to?
>>
>>55723875
CPU's weren't strong enough for anything useful back then. Netbooks were browsing-only machines, and tablets/phones do that now.

I do feel like they're coming back since energy-saving CPUs finally got gud. It'd be nice to have a super small laptop with decent power to work on the go.

Posted from my memepad x100e
>>
>>55724260

This.

Their only market was for schools that bought them for students to use.

These netbooks were ridiculously cheap and so was their build quality, the battery and performance was terrible and so was the keyboard and screen. The costs of having to replace/repair them every year steered schools towards Apple for their iPads or Lenovo for the durable Thinkpads. Every education department I've worked with has iPads or Thinkpads deployed across the district, most having both (iPads for the younger students, Thinkpads for the older students that need to run excel and whatnot).
>>
>>55723875
Gross hand OP.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.