[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to flash libreboot on my x200 and when I connect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to flash libreboot on my x200 and when I connect the SOIC clip to the motherboard the Raspberry pi wont turn on. If it has a bad connection then it will turn on but if its firmly on then it wont work.

Can anyone help?
>>
Throw that shit in the garbage and buy a MacBook Pro faggot.
>>
>>55723257
Noted. Thanks Pajeet.
>>
>>55723249
Throw that shit in the garbage and fuck a woman, faggot.
>>
>>55723249
No idea but have a bump

I think scouring google is probably a better idea than asking here though
>>
>>55723521
I'll try but I think this is pretty niche
>>
Might have to wait a bit until the knowledgeable librebros find the thread.

I'll just remind you to try another plug and outlet, check the wires again, and see if you enabled all the features, I know some distros force you to enable them in a config file. Surprise surprise, arch wiki has a good section in the rpi page.
>>
>>55723323
Great post
>>
>>55723323
Second this.

Also great post.
>>
>>55723521
>freedumbs
>google
>>
>>55723249
An update. I actually managed to read the chip but I cant download the rom for backup
>>
>>55723249
i used a beaglebone black for mine, but i'll bite
does the raspi actually have a 3.3v header?
i tried every speed 512 and below when i did it the first time but only 1024 actually worked for me
>>
>>55724159
have you tried running the pi off of dc power and running commands through ssh? delay loop problems make it sound like a problem on the pi end
>>
>>55724600
Yes the pi has 3.3v

>>55724726
the pi is connected to power and im using SSH to connect to it. Do you think flashrom was installed incorrectly?
>>
>>55725564
if that's the case then i'm not sure
is the battery on the x200 removed? i had problems with it when the battery was still connected. from yr screenshot it looks like it's expecting a different argument for -c (flashrom forums have an example with MX25L6405D in quotes) or it lost connection between commands. i had a winbond chip in mine that didn't have any ambiguity to it though, so i'm not sure about that part
it's kind of a finicky process to begin with, i thought i had bricked the chip once or twice before i got it to work
>>
>>55725911
The battery is disconnected.

Yeah, I tried it with quotes and it still doesn't work. I think something is wrong with my Pi setup but im not sure what it is
>>
>>55725968
not sure if it's relevant but iirc the version of flashrom i got from the libreboot_util package was v.0.9.8
not familiar with the raspi but it might have a built-in and somehow incompatible flashrom that runs if you don't use ./flashrom
>>
then again you might've compiled everything from source, in which case yr a braver man than i
>>
>>55726023
>>55726037
yeah I built it from source. Maybe I should use it from the utilities!
>>
>>55723249

you really should be using a dedicated power source for the flash chip (connect neutral before live) and maybe pulling an additional pin or two high, look up what the libreboot website or even coreboot wiki has to say

>>55724159

try cycling through all the chip models it lists as found, or use a lower or higher spispeed (powers of two), in the end I wasn't able to get consistent read speeds until I used a higher speed but when I started upping the speed I noticed I could get consistent results in the mhz range (i.e., spispeed=8388608), however I was using a BBB

however the error message seems to indicate you don't have a good connection, the plastic clips can be really unreliable, make sure the pins are fully pressed down and all that malarkey

either way, if you can't get it to work, I hate to break it to you but there's been a lot of posts and user reports that rpis are incredibly unreliable for flashing on -- see: http://fsfe.soup.io/post/590865884/the-unconventionals-blog-English-Flashing-Libreboot-on
for an example of flashing libreboot on thinkpads but it's a common problem with coreboot also

>>55724600

likewise, I think I needed 2-4khz~ to flash but I was getting consistent results much, much higher (despite advice to lower it, and that mhz flashing isn't supposed to work)

I was using 5cm leads not 10cm and they were soldered which may have had something to do with it

>>55726097

always worth a shot, there were patches required to get the macronix chips to be recognised for the t60, if any were needed for whatever your machine uses they may not have made it upstream yet
>>
>be librebootard
>see OP needs help with libreboo-
>OP is using a SBC device with a highly proprietary BIOS and requires a nonfree blob that initializes graphics limits MPEG access
I would have helped you...
>>
>>55727085
im sorry annon!! I only had a pi laying around. I dont have the money to get a BBB yet :(
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.