[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I just got a brand new PC, I plugged in my Usb wifi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Hey /g/, I just got a brand new PC, I plugged in my Usb wifi adapter and everything is working fine, except my download speed is awful. Does anyone know how I could fix this?
>>
Is the reception good?

Does the same thing happen on other computers with the wifi dongle?

Is it a USB>2 port or dongle for that matter?

Does plugging it from the front or the rear make a difference?

Does your motherboard have the latest firmware?

IS your OS horridly outdated?
>>
>>55723168
Only happens on that computer, it doesnt matter if its 3 port or 2 port, not sure if motherboard has latest firmware, im running windows 8.1
>>
>>55723168
It keeps telling me to activate windows because apparently the key i used was on a different PC could that be part of the problem?
>>
File: smug.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>55723109
Try with ethernet if it's your ISP. If not, try on another OS if you have one to see if it's drivers. If drivers, find others. If not, try other USB Wi-Fi. BTW,
>wireless
>2016
>>
>>55724495
Ethernet would work except I can't have a chord running through my house. And you're saying I have to buy a brand new OS?
>>
>>55723109
Use a power line adapter instead.
>>
>>55724527
Gee update to free windows 10 and see if internetz speed gain.
>wireless
>on dekstop pc
>>
>>55724495
Can confirm. Would get massive lagspikes in CS:GO, got to the point where I ragebought a 100ft Cat6 ethernet cable.

Ran it all the way to the other end of my house through the hallway.

Looks ugly AF, but muh 30 ping
>>
>>55724832
It's not internet problems, godawful download speeds.
>>
File: 1469207680648.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469207680648.gif
726KB, 446x251px
>>55724527
>>55724878
Learn how to manage cable you fuckers. You both.
>>
>>55724925
If they were poorfags in a trailer like me cable management would not even be needed. Just drill a hole though the floor and run the cable under the floor. Even if you move your workspace, the permanent hole doesn't matter because your home was shit when you bought it.
>>
Update usb drivers from the motherboard manufacturer website.

Try a different port (if using front, try the back). Make sure your power settings arent playing a role (usb selective suspend, allow computer to put device to sleep etc).

Update all other drivers and ms updates.

Make sure there is nothing obstructing in the way, check and see in the device manager if there are any extra settings that may help.

Also change the channel on the router end see if that helps any.

Lastly, if all else fails, call and ask your isp if you are being throttled in any way.
>>
>>55724527
U could use an old router as an access point (using dd wrt) and hook up to that with ethernet. Thats what i do.
>>
>>55724527
Which chord? If its sharp try playing songs in C major, like most pop.
>>
Using wireless with desktop is a good option, btw op try changing the wifi name and password, worked for me
>>
>>55723109
Try changing the SSID and password. The last time I saw this problem was around 2010 but it's still a thing, I think.
>>
>>55725073
Hilarous and original
>>
>>55725014
This is my first time building a PC, what other drivers do I need besides Graphics card ones and Motherboard ones?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.