[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck am I supposed to know which one to buy when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: screenshot-0.jpg (20KB, 490x289px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0.jpg
20KB, 490x289px
how the fuck am I supposed to know which one to buy when there's so many?
>>
>>55720700
>ASUS
Simple, you don't buy any of them.
>>
>>55720712
why?
>>
>>55720700
Eazy. Avoid meme letters like "Z" and "K" and meme slangs like "GAMING", "PRO", and "PRO GAMING". Look at the Z170-E. Guessing on my instincts, its not some red-black memed up shit.
>>
>>55720731
>Avoid meme letters like "Z" and "K"
Z170 is the chipset
>>
Just buy the cheapest motherboard they all do the same thing
>>
>>55720745
No, no i mean like "Z170-Z", "Z170-K' etc.
>>
should I buy micro atx instead since there's less choices?
>>
>>55720726
The Z170 generation of motherboards from ASUS has been particularly shit. Just a ton of issues across the board.

In the past I normally wouldn't have recommended them, but the offerings from Gigabyte this generation were actually quite solid. I would highly recommend the Z170-UD5 if you're looking for a solid motherboard that doesn't have retarded gamer aesthetic.

I've been slighted by MSI in the past so I'd rather not recommend them, but it's to my understanding that they're better these days.
>>
>>55720791
If you don't have a case in mind yet, sure why not?
>>
>>55720802
>The Z170 generation of motherboards from ASUS has been particularly shit. Just a ton of issues across the board.
is there a motherboard review site or something where you figure this out?
>>
>>55720746
unless op is going to overclock
>>
Look through their feature sets and buy the board that has the features you are looking for. If you don't need any features, just buy the cheapest one and hope it doesn't burn your cave down.
>>
>>55720828
Any review from a technology review site is probably not going to highlight the problems that something like a motherboard has across the whole of its production, since ultimately they're testing a single component. You're better looking at user reviews, forum threads, etc. where a wide sample size of individuals report on their experiences with the board.
>>
>>55720700
throw a dart to your screen
>>
File: screenshot-0.jpg (48KB, 695x408px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0.jpg
48KB, 695x408px
why do motherboards have two lan ports?
>>
>>55720946
to plug in to two different networks..
>>
>>55720946
teaming, redundancy in case one breaks, more flexibility with networking (e.g. daisy chains), sometimes you have a motherboard with two types of network adapters (e.g. intel and killer, don't fall for the killer meme btw)

a lot of that is pretty irrelevant as a home user though
>>
>>55720923
jej
>>
>>55720946
internet goes in, internet goes out, its that simple
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.