[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just signed up for community college and i'll be trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Computer Science-3004 FINAL.jpg (83KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
Computer Science-3004 FINAL.jpg
83KB, 400x289px
Just signed up for community college and i'll be trying to get an associates in computer programming & analysis

can /g/ give me any tips so that I don't flunk out.
apparently we will be learning python first.
>>
>>55718784
python is SHIT
>>
focus on forming friendship groups so you can get through the group work immediately. this is the only hard part.
>>
>>55718784

Are you in Canada OP?
>>
>>55718821
>focus on forming friendship groups so you can get through the group work immediately. this is the only hard part.

This, college is easy shit if you manage to do this correctly.
>>
I did this but most jobs wanted either a bs or masters.
>>
>>55718923
Not only is college easy, its the main point of college. To build relationships in the industry. Make friends and keep in touch.
>>
>>55718784
Community college is easy as fuck, don't even worry about it. This is coming from someone who finished their associates with a concentration in comp. sci. and worked a part time job the whole way through, then transfered to a 4-year uni for my bachelors.
>>
File: 1465689987890.jpg (81KB, 555x550px) Image search: [Google]
1465689987890.jpg
81KB, 555x550px
>>55718784
If you want to make it to the end of the course:
>Read the book
>Do the homework
>Show up to the labs
Beginner's programming books are really meant to be read unlike math or physics text which are often meant to be used as a teaching supplement (in other words meant to be used with a professor that teaches, not just "professes" in the traditional sense of the word).
>>
File: mialiti.jpg (71KB, 1000x472px) Image search: [Google]
mialiti.jpg
71KB, 1000x472px
>>
>>55719367
Top kek
>>
>>55718793
Python is GOOD
>>
>>55719367
Nice
>>
just be prepared to change majors. So many students can't get past that first programming class its ridiculous.

This is even with professors letting you turn in literal garbage tier code that doesn't work. Even then. most people can't grasp that shit.
>>
>>55718784
you wont be doing a lot of coding, much of it is theoretical shit, you're just going to have to google most of your shit.

my school taught python for CS101 then we did C++ the rest of the way, python easy as fuck to learn.
>>
>>55719010
I went to jr college and the only thing that was difficult was the ccna classes I took because they crammed it in one semester.
>>
>>55718784
try to enjoy it. If you haven't tried already, start now and read an intro book (look at the wiki n shit) and know that anything you learn in this time will carry over to the industry in some way, so make it a point to understand everything
>>
>>55718784

no man you got that wrong, you wont be learning python, you'll be using python in order to learn the real cs stuff. python is just the tool.

its an easy scripting language so i see why they chose it for the basics. you'll probably move on to java next for object oriented concepts, but learning java itself wont be the point either
>>
>>55719367
LOL
>>
Don't skimp on "trivial" programming stuff. You should be able to understand how assembly works. You should have some faint idea of how pointers work. All new languages are running away from them as fast as possible but the concepts will make you better at those languages.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.