[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Mac app store so shit? For an OS that does everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 59am.png (253KB, 624x514px) Image search: [Google]
59am.png
253KB, 624x514px
Why is the Mac app store so shit? For an OS that does everything else right this is unnacceptable. The interface belongs in 2004 and the shitty layout makes it impossible to find the programs or games I actually need.
>>
>>55715273
> Why is the Mac app store so shit?
Mac users don't demand much.
>>
>>55715273

What's wrong with the pictured layout? Can't you find literally anything using the search bar at the top?

I don't use Apple because I play video games.
>>
Do yourself a favor and don't even use it. Only the worst garbage and shovelware gets put on there.
>>
It is garbage, but you still have the option to use good old programs.

These kinds of app stores are stupid shit. This trash is on Windows 8.1/10 too and frankly I don't understand why they're trying so hard to push it.
>>
File: le shit eating tim cook.jpg (65KB, 704x368px) Image search: [Google]
le shit eating tim cook.jpg
65KB, 704x368px
>>55715273
>Why is the Mac app store so shit?
>>
>>55715273
just type brew install or brew cask install
>>
>>55715273
The same reason every desktop os has shit stores. People pirate everything on desktops. The Mac App store design still destroys the Ubuntu and Windows store.
>>
>>55715273
>Games

They dont want you trying to play games. it'd burst the bubble that their hardware is worth a shit, and expose all the horrible throttling and overheating issues that macs are prone to.

Funnily enough, diehard macfags are now bleating that macs are for real work, not playing like Windows is, which is the exact reverse of the argument they used to make about Windows.
>>
Because app store in general are a shitty idea
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.