[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom wanted a new PC so she gave me $450 and told me to build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 20160602_140451~2.jpg (1MB, 2976x2709px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_140451~2.jpg
1MB, 2976x2709px
My mom wanted a new PC so she gave me $450 and told me to build one.

Before I went to get the shit to build it I went to Craigslist and found a PC with a 250gb Hybrid Drive, a 750gb HDD, an HD 7970 GHz, an i5 4670, a G105, and a G500 for $500 obo. I bought it for $450 and I put my 290 in it. Kept the new PC with the 290 and i5 4670 and put the 7970 in my PC (has an FX-6300 in it). Now I'm giving her the lower end PC because I know she won't use all the processing power anyway. I needed more single core.

On a scale of 1-10 how likely am I to go to hell?

Also, should I upgrade my 290 this year or wait till next year?
>>
>>55711635
clean the fingerprints off your tablet for gods sake
>>
Sounds like a fun little scheme you pulled off, Schlomo.

Upgrade this year's Black Friday.
>>
>>55711655
There was a kid over a few days ago that kept taking it and playing Cordy. It's a Xoom, man. I don't even use it. It's just a glorified clock at this point. But yeah I will clean those now that you mention it. They're bothering me.
>>
>wasting all that money on a """build"""
>not just buying a mini pc
hey reddit
>>
>>55711656
Sounds good to me. Now, I've been looking at the 480, but really it's not an upgrade. It's just a lower tdp... Do you think AMD will deliver any mid range goodness by years end or should I consider nVidia?
>>
>>55711679
Don't be anal, my dude. I'm aware that I'm not technically building anything... It's just common terminology.
>>
>>55711635
>my mom
>$450

how old are you?
>>
>>55711635
you did good anon but why are there multiple empty poison bottles on the shelf?
>>
>>55711706
23. She's still my mom. I'm not gonna say "mother" just for you plebs.
>>
>>55711720
Until I buy some figures or something to put there... It's just a glorified trash shelf I guess.. been thinking about piling south park memorabilia up there.
>>
>>55711635
>On a scale of 1-10 how likely am I to go to hell?
+10 from jewing your fucking mum
+5 from jewing your mum with used parts
-4 from giving her something that werks.
+2 from giving her the literal pos of shit the fx6300 is
so 13.
you are going to hell unless you build her something good, give her at least an i3 and some ssd., she doesn't need a 7970, sell that and the fx processor.
>>
>>55711772
She does need the HD 7970.
She wants to play Doom.

Stupid question because I've never owned a gaymen mouse, but what the fuck are these extra buttons for on this G500?
>>
>>55711724
23 and you can't come up with extra cash on your own?

are you a neet? are you able bodied? do you have IQ above 100?
>>
>>55711635
>things that happened
>>
>>55711802
I can come up with cash on my own, but why would I when this was convenient and worked for everybody?
Also, I do suffer from agoraphobia, and bipolar disorder. Unfortunately.
>>
>>55711817
Not that that has any relevance here, dick.
>>
>>55711772
>implying facebook doesn't need a mid/high-end GPU to render itself fluently.
You clearly don't know how normals use Facebook
>>
>>55711796
Never mind, I googled it. Why do I need volume controls and the ability to skip music on my mouse?
>>
>not bullying mom into buying an i7 6800k and sli gtx 1080 with 4k display
lul
>>
>>55712448
Great idea. Lemme just do that, familia. Brb.
>>
>>55711817
>agoraphobia
>join the club
why do you think we're all on this site, anon?
you're not alone
>>
>>55711875
Ok, i have a shitty "gayming" mouse. I bought it for the DPI's, but lately I'm not playing a lot. I linked the buttons to different actions, In Chrome, the two buttons go to the last/next page, in Clementine they change the song, in Text Editors it does ctrl+tab (But I dont use the mouse). And, depending on the game, it does one thing or another. For example, in AoE 2, is the equivalent of pressing "," or "." so... Yep, are useful
>>
>>55712656
I can macro them to different functions dependent on the application I'm in?
>>
>>55712538
I know, that's why I like it here.
>>
>>55711635
Just make sure she gets a good PC for her needs, also lock it down so she can't fuck it up like not even pin to the taskbar because she would just make it shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.