[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have there been any technological breakthroughs in the toilets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: LUi0ncH.gif (934KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
LUi0ncH.gif
934KB, 250x167px
Have there been any technological breakthroughs in the toilets field in the past century?
I can only think of heating seats and streams of water to wipe your ass.
Have we reached the peak of toilet technology?
>>
Don't forget water efficiency, too.

The whole bathroom scene in general still needs some major strides when it comes to cleanliness. Stuff gets way too dirty in there, and in a gross way. We need to start utilizing materials for toilets, showers/tubs, mirrors, etc. which don't lend themselves to microorganisms and grime. It's 2016 and we still clean our bathrooms the way people did in 1916.
>>
Apparently Japan is pretty crazy with its toilet technology.
I've never seen one of their toilets in person though.
>>
>>55711121
it's not like buttholes are changing
>>
>>55711155
stupidest statement ever

>"Welp, looks like we can't improve the car any more, people. After all, it's not like feet are changing!"
>this is what you actually posted
>>
>>55711121
Shit I would've eaten that
>>
>>55711169
And yet certain things have been perfected and squared away for future idiot generations to enjoy. Like spoons, for instance. Taste good?
>>
>>55711146
This.

Houses a shit in technology overall.

>Manual windows.
>Manual window shades.
>Poor insulation on older models.
>Nobody upgrading older models.
>Asbestos laden older models.

feelsbadman
>>
>>55711147
I stayed with a family in Nagoya for a week, and their toilet had all the ass sprayer shit and everything, and there was a hand washing sink on top of the tank. The toilet was in its own room, not with the shower since I guess the Japanese find it odd to shit and clean in the same room.
>>
>>55711146
It's current year
>>
File: comf.png (3KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
comf.png
3KB, 377x326px
Is there technology to clean up after diarrhea
>>
>>55711211
>spoons have been squared away
Disposable spoons made out of biodegradable (and even edible) materials
"Silverware" engineered to be economical and durable
Actively stabilized spoons for use by people with motor coordination issues like Parkinson's

Yeah we're not innovating spoons at all m8. They're just like the good old days, wood if you're poor and silver if you're rich.
>>
>>55711240
Yeah, shitting where you sleep seems like a better idea.
>>
>>55711220
To be fair they do make motorized window shades with remote control.

You're right on the other points though. There are some good strides being made but interestingly they're not what you see on even new private homes. Instead they're built into apartment complexes and such. I guess it's an economy of scale thing. Lots of "green" and "smart" apartments which are all wired up and buttoned up.
>>
>>55711258
Reminds me of something that happened earlier this summer:
Had a buddy get so drunk he tried to move the toilet in his rv into the bedroom. His wife woke up and ask wtf he was doing... "I'm trying to be considerate of your needs" was the response... Wish I could have been in his head to see the logic behind that one!
>>
>>55711220
Dude. there are solutions to all of your issues, you just can't afford them
>>
>>55711346
His points are generally valid for new homes too, which is as much an industry issue as it is one of shelling out the big bucks. Most new homes are made with basic sliding pane (albeit decently sealed/insulated) windows, venetian blinds ready to strangle some dumb kids, awful insulation--or worse, that expanding foam shit which gets in the way of any future wire work in the walls, like you'd need for upgrading features.

Apart from asbestos, we're doing the same dumb shit today that we've been doing for decades. Houses a shit, truth.
>>
>>55711121
I actually know a few things. The jap toilets are the pinnacle of the toilets but they are really damn expensive. There are heated seats, bidets, we have hands free flushing, smart flushing ( The standard tank capacity is 1.6GPF but with smart flush it can be down to 1.1GPF saving on water). The tank components inside have been re designed to prevent clogging and they focus on a more powerful flush but as you have stated we are about at the end of what they can do. They are pretty simple mechanically and work fine as they are. If you want a super toilet get a jap one with all the bells and whistles. If you don't want to spend a shit ton of money then you can get a good toilet from american standard, gerber or kohler. If you cheap out you will have problems in the future but try to get a mid range one. Vacuums on the other hand have absolutely changed. You can thank the apple of vacuums Dyson for that.
>>
File: AH6.gif (1MB, 440x370px) Image search: [Google]
AH6.gif
1MB, 440x370px
>>55711121
good thread, pajeet
>>
>>55711220
The american ones are constructed really shitty. You will notice how a piece of land gets bought and a bunch of the same houses are built there, those are called cookie cutter homes. They are built cheaply and depending on who did the construction mexicans or normal workers it will show.
>>
>>55711398
The germans are really anal about house building. They make them fucking good and to last a really long time.
>>
>>55711520
>AH6.gif
>6
How many do you have?
>>
>>55711620
Probably somewhere between six and nine. Unless he's a pleb who is inconsistent with digits and wonders why his sorting is all fucked.
>>
>>55711206
>niggers on /g/
>>
>>55711254
Very few people eat off real silver on a regular basis fortunately there is a cheap, far more durable alternative. Spoons are a marvel of modern metallurgy, an alloy of steal with a high chromium content which forms a self healing oxide layer on it's surface, this both protects the steel from corroding and makes the cutlery tasteless, inert and a terrible environment for microorganisms. Ever eaten off of wooden, or cheep, mild steel cutlery? Tastes like shit.

Disposable eating implements are a terrible idea, look up the sustainability problems china has with chopsticks.

>>55711121
If our population continues to expand the way it is doing without some miracle we are going to run out of the clean water we use to wash our shits away. Toilets that do not use water are the next step in modern hygiene in this case. Pity we are so squeemish about our own shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet

Almost every material which you interact with is a spectacular achievement in science and technology. Can you imagine the research that produced toilet paper which dissolves so quickly in water yet is firm enough to perform its duty and soft enough for your delicate anus? That was years of some fuckers life locked up in a lab studying the disintegration and mechanical properties of recycled paper.
The dyes in your clothes, when was the last time they ran when you washed them? That's right it probably has never happened to you. Bet you didn't realise what an achievement that is.
Just the water which drips from your tap has been treated with the most amazing care in chemical processes which are both cheap and effective.
>>
>>55711665
The disposable spoons are basically grain biscuits that don't immediately crumble when wet. It's a pajeet invention for street vendors. Not saying that agriculture for the grain is sustainable, but it's not a chopstick situation.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.