[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I learn latex fast. I need to know it so can take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1468543594350.png (41KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468543594350.png
41KB, 255x200px
how do I learn latex fast.

I need to know it so can take notes on a laptop in math class this fall.

Can't write because of a disability.
>>
Bumping cos interest.
>>
i wouldn't use latex to take notes. it's great for fidelity, but not great for speed. even with autocompletions and stuff, you're just going to be getting caught up thinking about how to create the next symbol or whatever.

just write it down with your hand, a pen or pencil, and a paper. if you really, really want to use this as a pretext to learn latex, then transcribe the notes later, or do your problem sets in latex.
>>
Record the class
>>
>What is <search-engine>
>What is doing
>>
>>55704622
It's pretty simple actually. You can play around here: http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Also, >>>/sci/ has LaTeX support, just use [math][/math] or [eqn][/eqn].
>>
This is like saying you want to use html for taking notes. Does that sound reasonable to you?
>>
>>55705654
It's not. If you are making notes only digitally, how else are you going to do it? It's the best option.
>>
>>55704622
Like other anon said, latex isn't good for speed. It will be difficult to keep up with the lecture unless your professor talks really slowly (some do). 9 out of 10 students write their math notes with pen and paper.
>Can't write because of a disability.
What kind of disability is that? How do you function as a human in the age of information if you aren't able to write? But Well, if you really have an actual disability, you could ask the professor for a copy of his lecture notes.
>>
>>55705726
oh i didn't even notice the disability caveat.

at every university in the united states (as well as community colleges) people with disabilities HAVE to have access to resources like note takers. if you have a documentable disability, ask your professor or someone in administration to get you a note taker. if they can pay someone in the class to take notes and give them to you, they'll do that. if they have to pay some random fucker off the street to attend classes and take notes, they will do that too. they are basically not allowed to fail to accommodate you.

this is all, of course, assuming you have a "real disability" ("real", in this case, meaning any of the myriad bullshit excuses that qualifies these days; so if you don't qualify, then you're really just making up horse shit).
>>
nice pen and paper nigger
>>
>>55705726
used a computer my entire life
>>
>>55705771
thanks!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.