[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My inverting amplifier isn't working the way I want it to.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (34KB, 614x431px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 614x431px
My inverting amplifier isn't working the way I want it to. Do I have a broken opamp or something? Can someone make sense of these measurements?
>>
Looks like it's working fine to me.
>>
>>55700731
The top should be 4V as it is the differential of the two other
>>
So you reduced the amplification to one, supply +2V at the inverting input and are surprised that you get -2V output?
>>
>>55700656
delta of IN and Out is 4V not 2V(??), and i hope You have a negative Rail.
>>
>>55700902
See >>55700758

>>55701147
4V is what it should be, but it's not what I measure. Hence the problem. Yes, the opamp is supplied with +-12v
>>
The Output Voltage of such an inverting Amplifier is given by the Formula:
Uout = - (Uin/R1*R2)
provided that:
-the Input Voltages of the OpAmp are within the permissible range
-you meant GND=0V with that triangle.

go read up the datasheet
>>
>>55701372
I know all that, the problem is that what I measure don't align with the expectation. 2+2 is 2 but should be 4.
>>
>>55701433
Any more details on the construction?
Voltage within the Tolerances of the Resistors?
>>
>>55701496
Yes the resistors should be fine. It is actual four identical circuits on the same quad opamp tl084ipt, and they all have this problem. It's really strange, like the act of measuring interferes with the circuit even though the measuring probes have huge resistance like normal. I measured both with a cheap multimeter, and that actually showed a plausible result. But I also measured with an oscilloscope, and that showed different results from the multimeter, it showed the results in OP pic which should be impossible. As the OP pic shows when I measure both IN and out individually to ground, they show correct result, but not when I measure them deferentially. It's not the oscilloscope that is broken either because when I actually use the circuit for what it is meant for (it's part of a DAC for laser projectors) the intensity of the projection is way too low, meaning that the signal from the DAC, which is the differential signal from the amplifier in question, is too low, like I measured with the oscilloscope.

I will try replacing the opamp
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.