[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/21/1 2247370/police-fingerpri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1348846154539.png (61KB, 430x292px) Image search: [Google]
1348846154539.png
61KB, 430x292px
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/21/12247370/police-fingerprint-3D-printing-unlock-phone-murder

>using fingerprint to lock your phone
>>
File: implying.jpg (329KB, 761x1000px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
329KB, 761x1000px
>falling for the smartphone meme in the first place
>>
>>55694408
Use both your fingerprint and 6-digit pin in addition with entry restrictions and data wiping if you want security. Fingerprints are very, very good for what they're supposed to be used for because they are difficult to copy. A fingerprint is not a password, it's a username.
>>
>>55694431
This guy is a pretty shit murderer. He should have had someone erase his phone remotely. Can you do that on an iPhone?
>>
If you didn't see this coming a mile away off yourself

>Average civilians are encouraged to use a "security" measure easily thwarted by something LE has been legitimately doing since for fucking ever - collecting fingerprints - over harder to crack passcodes
>>
fingerprint glitches my phone out so now i just use the pattern

i was too much of a dumbass to figure that out when i first used the fingerprint scanner 8 months ago
>>
>>55694408
Why not a multi-step solution?

Scan fingerprint -> Input PIN or pattern = unlock device
>>
>>55694408
Why wouldn't they simply use the victims own finger to unlock the phone instead of 3D printing a copy?
>>
>>55695609
One could argue that 5A protection means that the cops can't force you to use your fingerprint to unlock the device. I doubt it would hold up in court though.
>>
>>55694408
>putting incriminating evidence on your phone in the first place
>>
>>55694501
android, everyone
>>
>>55695619
the victim was dead they wouldn't be forcing the victim to do anything since he/she was dead... it would be no different than taking the keys out of the victims pocket and opening their front door with that key.
>>
I'm not a paedo or a criminal, so if police need to check my phone for evidence, that's fine.
>>
I only use my fingerprint to make it easy, before my phone had a fingerprint reader I just didn't have a password at all.
There's nothing on my phone incriminating, I don't keep nudes, all someone would get are my emailed receipts and my family's contact numbers.
Also if I'm in an accident I'd want them to have my contact numbers, and they could still unlock the phone while I'm unconscious so I don't see a problem.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.