[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Python 3 still a meme? Are there any non-meme reasons to meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1430738505393.jpg (22KB, 448x246px) Image search: [Google]
1430738505393.jpg
22KB, 448x246px
Is Python 3 still a meme? Are there any non-meme reasons to meme with it or are all of the reasons memes and are they good memes or bad memes?
>>
It depends on what you mean by "meme"
>>
>>55692795
Python 3 is python for developers. 2.x was mainly for non-programmers. 3 is the real deal.
>>
Need 3 for Django
>>
>>55693191
Good thing no one needs Django then.

Seriously though Python 3 is the python killer. No one in academia (the only place where python has found widespread success) uses 3 and most have no plans to make the switch.
>>
>>55693220
>No one in academia (the only place where python has found widespread success) uses 3 and most have no plans to make the switch.
you have no idea what you are talking about

maybe if by academia you mean edgy firstyears that use python 2 for everything because they do not want to spend the few days it takes to get into python 3 and "waste" the summer they spent learning python 2 because /g/ told them to
>>
>>55692795
I work with OpenCV, I would really like to move on to Python 3, but even the latest OpenCV 3 is still using Python 2.x.

It's possible to compile OpenCV with Python 3, but if I want to redistribute my code, then everyone has to recompile OpenCV, which isn't really an option.
>>
File: cheeto.png (68KB, 766x453px) Image search: [Google]
cheeto.png
68KB, 766x453px
Python 2 is shit all the way through.

Default classes, unicode, printing, overall performance

not to mention python 2 does not have the superdank a,b,*rest = LIST
>>
>>55692795
Extremely easy to build a website with Jango and deploy to heroku. But, I don't do that shit, because I have a job.
>>
>>55693231
>not distributing a bundle
>>
>>55693230
>you have no idea what you are talking about
Do you? Most python users are not "developers" they are scientists. They aren't trying to deploy websites they are trying to crunch numbers. Prior to 3 they were able to take advantage of Python's many useful modules. Because 3 broke backwards compatibility it more or less ruined the language for a majority of its users.
>>
>>55693318
It is easy to default to 3 but use 2 if you depend on specific libraries.

more and more libraries are ported every day too

like sure sometimes you might have to use 2 but there is not really a sensible "only use 2"
>>
>>55693318
Numpy supports Python 3 and that's all that matters.
>>
>>55692795

> using deprecated shit

Literally why? just upgrade you nigger

> muh library

...bitch
>>
>>55693770
>just upgrade to Windows 10, it's new!
>>
I develope data heavy web applications with python 3. Its better than 2 in every way.
>>
>>55692942
What do you mean?
>>
>>55695264
Most of the changes improved python's standing as an OOP language and brought it in line with the likes of ruby.
>>
>>55695531
OK, thanks.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.