[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Apple only sell Macbook Pros with i5 cores now? My early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 426_t.png (673KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
426_t.png
673KB, 512x720px
Why do Apple only sell Macbook Pros with i5 cores now? My early 2011 Pro has an i7 core. If I upgrade does that mean I have to have a weaker processor?
>>
File: 1450118299866.jpg (208KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1450118299866.jpg
208KB, 988x802px
>>55690509
Because they all throttle down to core 2 duo tier performance either way, so it doesn't matter what CPU they cram in there.
>>
>>55690647
I'm noob as fuck and had no idea, why does it throttle?
>>
>>55690690
Terrible battery management, so Apple crams all macs with massive batteries, using up the space that usually goes toward a good cooling system, and then the poor cooling causes the entire thing to overheat and throttle to less than 1/3 its power.

It works out for people who do nothing but web browsing, but then those people could've just gotten a smaller lighter laptop with a weaker CPU that gets the same battery life with a smaller battery.
>>
>>55690981
Wait so have ALL MBPs with i7s been throttling? Or have they drastically increased battery size recently?
>>
>>55691049
There's good reason nearly all gaming laptops are thick massive bricks, because the typical usage of those laptops involve running at max load for extended periods. Doing anything taxing on MBPs that are half the thickness, with those tiny vents is just asking for a housefire. They literally have no reason to exist since you can never fully utilize the hardware at all.
>>
>>55690647
Your graphic-editing ability is even worse than your trolling.
If you really want to convince anybody show us the original pics - if they exist.
>>
File: 1440243559365.jpg (296KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
1440243559365.jpg
296KB, 1000x710px
>>55691226
Oh oh, AIDF is here.
>>
>>55691138
If that is the reason then why do they only install i5s in Macs too? Without the battery to take care of, then hypothetically they could install a sufficient cooling system for an i7?
>>
>>55691310
Because the vast majority of mac purchasers use them solely as internet browsing machines, and anyone that needs more power would likely not consider a mac in the first place due to price/performance.
>>
>>55691354
But older MBPs seem to be fairly powerful when upgraded w SSDs and RAM, I use a lot of drawing software while working with huge canvases and my upgraded MBP handles it great
>>
>>55691537
Drawing software barely registers above idling, word processing, and browsing emails desu senpai.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.