[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come I can use a sixaxis controller on Gnu+Loonix with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: comfy_retroarch.jpg (450KB, 1920x1735px) Image search: [Google]
comfy_retroarch.jpg
450KB, 1920x1735px
How come I can use a sixaxis controller on Gnu+Loonix with no setup whatsoever, just out of the box while I have to install some kind of botnet on Windows?
>>
>>55690161
By actually having drivers?
>>
>>55690161
because someone wrote a scrpit for it in whatever emulator that is?
>>
>>55690161

Windows is designed for people with jobs who want to do useful things.

Linux is designed so that autists can pretend to be useful by making things like sixaxis controllers work with the OS but never really accomplish anything meaningful.
>>
>>55690161
GPL.
>>
>>55690220
>the US DoD uses Linux exclusively for their nuclear arsenal systems
>not anything meaningful
>>
File: 1443548485230.png (5KB, 303x243px) Image search: [Google]
1443548485230.png
5KB, 303x243px
>>55690220
>Windows is designed for people with jobs who want to do useful things.
>Setting up the controller under Windows takes hours and you need to download third party software that transfers encrypted data to Chinese IPs
>Linux is designed so that autists can pretend to be useful by making things like sixaxis controllers work with the OS but never really accomplish anything meaningful.
>The controller works out of the box

k then
>>
File: i can't take this.png (60KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
i can't take this.png
60KB, 625x626px
>>55690220
>>
>>55690220
Because IIS and Active Directory are the usefullest things
>>
>>55690273
>takes hours
lol
>>
>>55690161
Microsoft wants you to buy their xbox controllers instead, it's retarded. Yet another windows problem.
>>
File: dGlzLfS.gif (369KB, 714x399px) Image search: [Google]
dGlzLfS.gif
369KB, 714x399px
>>55690161
>windows has no drivers
>>
Because the original ps3 ran an OS based on a Linux distribution. The sixaxis was designed to work as a standard device, and mounts on /dev
>>
>>55691211
The PS3's OS is based on one of the BSDs. However, the PS3 was originally sold as a Linux-capable device, so maybe that was part of the reason.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.