[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I was wonder whats the cheapest gpu that I can get from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: x550_1.jpg (26KB, 340x344px) Image search: [Google]
x550_1.jpg
26KB, 340x344px
Hey /g/, I was wonder whats the cheapest gpu that I can get from a reliable brand? I got a ton of free hardware from a friend after he upgraded his computer, so I planned to run a server on it. The only problem is that the cpu has no igpu.
>>
are you retard OP? get dedicated graphic card for 200$ instead of buying a processor with one. It's trash
>>
The Apple Macbook Pro™ with retina display does not have this problem.
>>
>>55683392
geforce 210, even that will be overkill for server usage though if all you want is basic video from it to install it and so on

look for used cheap ass pci-e cards, anything will work if we are indeed talking about server use here only
>>
>>55683421
he said he got stuff from a friend and already has a cpu and he wants a gpu YOU FUCKING IDIOT he was asking about gpu's HOLY SHIT.
>>
literally any bargain bin gpu u can find that will work.
>>
>>55683392
What's the difference between a gpu and cpu, aren't they the same thing
>>
OP just buy the newest Nvidia© GTX 1080, The Way It's Meant to be Displayed™
>>
>>55683538
Hey
>>
>>55683487
>The only problem is that the cpu has no igpu.

FUCKING LEARN TO READ
>>
>>55683771
yes, he is saying that the processor (also mobo) he has doesnt have integrated gpu, and he needs a cheap gpu for server use for the machine

are you retarded?
>>
>>55683392
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814130883

There you go buddy.

>>55683771
He also said he was planning on building a server with the hardware. In which case the igpu would be more than sufficient. Then your retarded ass told him to buy a fucking 200$ gpu when all he needs is something to display an image. Learn to read context.
>>
>>55683463
Same problem here, but i got an HD5450 for that. pretty comfy as it has also VGA connector, proven useful for testing a couple of old monitors for resale.
>>
>>55683827
Forgot to say that i took the passive model so I don't run into fan noise and wear (if any I know) since it's a computer that runs a lot of time.
>>
>>55683827
hd5450 is pretty much the same but from amd

210/5450 is still overkill for server usage, or at least server use for me means that the video output will be only used for installing the os or managing it if remote desktop etc. isnt available. in those cases everything which can output picture at some resolution works

210/5450 gpus are fine for basic desktops or multimedia computers though
>>
File: OldPC.jpg (97KB, 885x472px) Image search: [Google]
OldPC.jpg
97KB, 885x472px
>>55683852

If memory serves tho, HD5450 is just a hair more efficient, that maybe a bonus for a server, yeah it's really a slim margin but, HD5450/G210 choice can be seen as a matter if you want to be red team or green team.

I chose red team because it was some 6 € cheaper when i bought it, new.

Here's the system it's running into
>>
>>55683463
Can confirm. I had a GT220 back in the day and it worked perfectly for having an HDMI port and playing minecraft.
Eventually it began overheating on MC but that was due to poor maintenance on my behalf I think.
Definitely worth the £25 I spent on it.
>>
>>55683807
He didint tell why he need it, what if he wants to farm bitcoins. ingorant nigger
>>
IMO he should just buy a classic 670 , enjoy your coin farm .
>>
>>55683931
Little cards like these are great to have laying around just for testing hardware. Hell, they're nice to have just for a filler / backup while waiting for your main rig, or an rma. Or if you use multiple monitors with different refresh rates, these can help take burden off your primary gpu as well. I got an asus HD 3850 that still works sans the fan. And a zotac gt245.

The 3850 is actually an old card that changes homes between my friend and I whenever we needed something just to get a display going. He almost sold it before thinking about how many pinches it's gotten us out of. Little bastard will play crysis with an old Athlon II x2.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.