[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fork project in java >haven't used java in years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: java.png (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
java.png
6KB, 290x174px
>fork project in java
>haven't used java in years , forgotten completely how awful it is
>but have to use it now
>debug it
>runs fine
>add changes I want
>runs fine
>ok time to build the final file
>build jar
>run
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:284)
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:238)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:273)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:228)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:383)

>search the web 100 different reasons why this happens

lol
Java in a nutshell
>>
File: questionable3423.png (101KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
questionable3423.png
101KB, 244x295px
>>55677050
>write shit code
>get shit result
>blame language instead of yourself
>>
>>55677082
>confusing writing code with producing jars from code
yep, that's a java developer
>>
>>55677111
You're just retarded.
>>
Anyone using java is a retard that should kill himself.

>>55677470
>>55677082
kys
>>
Why would anyone use that shitfest in the first place?
>>
>>55677050
>2016
>using Java
the hell bro?
>>
>>55677050
/g/ is literally the only community that openly mocks non C++ languages despite the fact that they are used far more often and for many important things. C# is the future though. Puts both Java and C/C++ to shame.
>>
>Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

Suggestion: don't use digital signing at all.
>>
>>55677667

It's still the most popular programming language. It's like you don't want an easy job without a college degree. Autistic teenagers are making Minecraft mods and then getting hired by Mojang/Curse when they turn 18. It's easy mode to programming career.

Typical /g/. Go back to copying and pasting scripts to rice up your Arch
>>
File: fox-and-grapes-with-sig.jpg (440KB, 602x748px) Image search: [Google]
fox-and-grapes-with-sig.jpg
440KB, 602x748px
>>55677699
/g/ is filled with insecure people.
>>
>>55677699

/g/ is the only programming community full of unemployed neets that can barely write scripts. This is more of a GNU/Linux circle jerk board with a little /pol/
>>
>>55677667
The only language that lets you make millions of dollars per year.
>>
>>55677050
>significant downtime in my department so I wander around looking at what other people are working on
>take a gander at QA's automation code
>selenium
>java
>literally the entire codebase is shit like new SomePageFactory("title").clickHeader("title").clickNew().typeName("name").typeSomethingElse("something else").clickSave().exit();
>why
>"because it looks nice"
>every other method has some spelling error
>half of the file is commented out
I'm glad I do real dev.
>>
>>55677805
>half of the file is commented out

I can't stand people who don't comment code. It's always the autist that never wants to work in a group, has to program in a completely different program because "IDEs are for noobs" and then wastes our time having to import his shit into the project. Leave this company and go code in your bedroom if you can't program professionally.
>>
>>55677879
I don't work well with others. But then again the best programmers never do.
>>
>>55677879
You misunderstand, anon. It's code that should have been deleted, but never was.

Comments should still be used sparingly, only to describe why something was done, or if some code is non-obvious. A code review will quickly sort out what needs to be commented and what doesn't. Good method names and unit tests are much better than lengthy and likely outdated comments.
>>
>>55677879
>>half of the file is commented out
he probably means half the code is commented out, not half the file is comments (in english).

The former is a sign of spaghetti code, the latter a sign of well-maintained code.
>>
>>55677924

Comment variables so everybody knows what they're used for if you're naming shit x, y, z, a, g, etc. or use comprehensible variable names.

Comment each method describing what it does and is used for.

Comment loops as needed.

If you can't follow these 3 rules at the company I work for, then you probably won't be here long. We're all pretty independent though. I don't care if somebody uses an IDE or a text editor, as long as they get their task done and don't slow anyone else down. It's only a small team though. I won't tell you what company I work for but we just do boring shit for security camera software. I hate my job. All we ever do are bug fixes, driver updates, etc. I'd rather be doing something creative.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.