[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me some legitimate points for and against the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: win10-logo.jpg (22KB, 992x448px) Image search: [Google]
win10-logo.jpg
22KB, 992x448px
Can someone give me some legitimate points for and against the upgrade?

I currently boot GNU/Linux on my laptop and have Win 7 installed on my desktop. I'm not super security conscious with my desktop right now, just run a VPN and an anti-malware program.
>>
Windows 10 was designed to give your information to the NWO
>>
>>55661741
The main point that really put me over the edge against it was the ads directly embedded into their operating system. I recognize you can disable them, but the fact is that any company so interested in bending over its users very obviously doesn't give two shits about them, and is likely to abuse them further in the future.
>>
the only thing that actually bothers me is that if the upgrade screws up one thing you might end up doing complete format
and the sad part is you cant really disable it since it will only work for 3 months(i dont know if they changed that shitty thing)

also people who thinks goverments waited for w10 to spy on them they trully are delusional
>>
>>55661800
Nobody says they started spying at w10
>>
>>55661817
wait 10 mins and you will see the usual tin foil hat species
>>
>>55661741
See people are always framing this the wrong way. It's not practical to keep using an old OS forever. At a certain point windows 2000 just isn't cutting it for most of your shit anymore, and 95 is not even a joke. Every OS that isn't in active development eventually dies. The question is: Is your OS going to fulfill your needs over the life of your current hardware? At a certain point the rate of infection from random exploits is going to be so high that the risk of identity theft etc is going to be a bigger concern than microsoft tracking you like an overprotective doctor. And everything remotely current is going to quit running on old windows eventually.

But since, as is suggested repeatedly on here, you can get the license now without keeping the upgrade, nobody actually has to plan out anything that far, just take the damn 2 hours to upgrade and revert all your systems so you leave your option open while you go back to your linux in peace.
>>
>>55661800
Just back up your system before you start. Seriously every person on G should be capable of this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.