[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a laptop for college, and right now I'm stuck on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: lenovo-x1-carbon-hero.png (221KB, 725x515px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-x1-carbon-hero.png
221KB, 725x515px
I need a laptop for college, and right now I'm stuck on choosing between a Dell XPS13 and a Lenova Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

Both of the ones I'm looking at have i5s and are similar in most hardware, as I got a corporate discount code for the thinkpad, but I plant to get it with a 512 SSD for dualboot.

So basically which one would you choose or why trying to keep it close to $1000-$1100
>>
for college I'd use a surface pro 3 desu senpai
>>
What major are you going for?
>>
>>55659805
I recomend the Samsung Galaxy S7
>>
>>55659805
>laptop for college
Get a 200 dollar chromebook
>>
>>55659805
you don't need a laptop for college, use the desktop computers in the library
>>
T420
>>
>>55660436
It's fucking required to have a good laptop to userall their shit like matlab and mathematica

plus it's more than nice to have a laptop that can handle all the CSS and javascript on the net these days like if you have 4chanX + Oneechan
>>
>>55660560
You dont need a 1k laptop for matlab or mathematica. You will be running simple scripts, so 500$ laptop will work perfectly fine.
>>
>>55659805
save the money and treat yourself to something special OP!
>>
>>55660667
They give us the options of $1700 Macbook Pro, $1500 Dell and $1500 HP and say this is the only stuff we can endorse, even going as far to say before that these were REQUIRED in the engineering program.

I think it's really for later shit like so you can render a space shuttle vector map or whatever and how business laptops don't come cheap. Also dumb fuck students using terrible laptops/not knowing how to use them and whining that they can't do shit in the program.
>>
>>55659805
X1 carbon, because it's better
>>
>>55660962
You are going to shitty school. I have never seen a school requiring a laptop let alone a 1.5k one. You can render simple stuff on anything. Nothing you will do in school requires that kind of laptop. If it does they have to provide pcs so the students dont have to spend fortune.
>>
>>55660962
get the macbook pro and sell it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.