[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone /hackintosh/ in here? I'm at my wit's end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: open-hackintosh.jpg (80KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
open-hackintosh.jpg
80KB, 750x500px
Does anyone /hackintosh/ in here?
I'm at my wit's end trying to get this shit to install. I have a Dell Inspiron 580s, bone stock, and it just absolutely refuses to install. I'm using unibeast for an El Capitan install. Clover bios runs just fine, but when I go into the bootloader from the USB the whole thing crashes to a white screen about halfway through the apple progress bar. I tried running it verbose, to where the last couple lines were along the lines of "MSDOS has arrived" and something about "bluetoothfamily"

Does anyone run a hackintosh here, that could help? I'm about to throw this piece of shit out a window.
>>
>>55655840
>not just getting a macbook
literally why? may as well get a distro on that
>>
>>55655859
I do have a macbook but I got this little desktop for $15 and thought it would be a fun project. So far, it hasn't been so much fun.
>>
>>55655859

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZU9KD2YESQ

Enjoy your overpriced shit.
>>
>>55655840
Your best bet at hackintoshing is to purpose build a pc for OSX. Very few prebuilt PCs will be able to boot OSX without needing custom kexts made for every single piece of hardware.
>>
>>55656038
>$15
Nice. But yeah, Hackintosh is notorious for being hard to set up. There are many anons here who have figured out all of its quirks so I'm sure you'll get something today

>>55656057
>mac mini
the fuck is this?
>>
>>55655840
Post specs of the system
>>
>>55655840
Have you checked on the tonymacx86 forums? Someone has probably posted somthing to do with your computer.

I don't really know much about your hardware, but a general troubleshooting step to take when OS X isn't booting would be to disconnect all hardware except the hard drive you are installing OS X on to, and then try and boot. Also, have you ensured that your bios is configured exactly the way the guides on tonymacx86 say?
>>
>>55655840
I had the same issue trying to install it on my G3258 build. I had to change the CPU id in the Clover boot settings before I could get it booting past that point. There should be some forum posts + wiki info about which flags mean what and which versions of OS X support them.

However on my 4770k + ASUS Z87-Pro build I managed to install El Capitan without any issue. I think I ran into less issues with installing OS X on that computer than I ever did when installing Windows or Linux.
>>
>>55656184
The closest thing was that someone did a Mountain lion install on a 580. He left really, really unclear instructions, and I'm not sure the same fixes apply to this new OS

>>55656868
How do you change the CPU ID, and what did you change it to?
>>
File: 1455026359199.jpg (163KB, 501x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455026359199.jpg
163KB, 501x1200px
>>55655840
>>
>>55657122
I don't recall exactly what I changed it to, you might need to do some research on your particular hardware. I was a bit incorrect saying I changed it in Clover, it was the config.plist file where I change it, which can be found in the UEFI partition of your bootable medium if you are using Unibeast.

This wiki entry should have the various FakeCPUIDs and what generation they are related to.
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_fakecpuid
>>
Just get a fucking Mac if you want Mac os, quit wasting your time with this bullshit
>>
>>55655840
If the last thing you see is about Bluetooth, there's a good chance your graphics card is at fault. Its the first thing to load after Bluetooth.

Check if you need some special flags in Clover for your card.
>>
>>55659239
That's what I was hearing too, from the tonymacx86 threads. I'll do more research into it, thanks.
>>
Hackintoshing honestly isn't that hard anymore. Whilst I did admittedly build my machine with hackintoshing in mind in my case I can pretty much just boot into stock OS X without any issues.
>>
>>55658596
Fuck off Rajeesh.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.