[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to restaurant >connect to wifi network labeled "guest"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: spongebob.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>go to restaurant
>connect to wifi network labeled "guest"
>it has a password

what's the fucking point
>>
>>55655771
fucking ask for it you dumbass
>>
>>55655771
well, did you buy a coffee or not?
>>
>>55655771
You have to ask for the password.

You also probably only get the password if you're a paying customer.
>>
>>55655771
To have encryption
>>
>i cant pay for my own wifi so im setting my laptop in the mcdonalds across the street
>it has a password

LIKE WTF GUISE??
>>
File: 1368069625233.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1368069625233.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
True story time.

>go to restaurant
>theres a wifi network with the restaurant name
>it has a password
>try the restaurant name as pw
>it works and starts to connect

what's the fucking point
>>
>>55657468
Most normies wouldn't figure it out.
>>
>>55657468
>bunch of workstations at the company I work at use the company's name in the password
Kills me and the rest of the InfoSec team
>>
File: 1315320463444.png (64KB, 693x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1315320463444.png
64KB, 693x1081px
>>55657494
That's even worst than the restaurant.
>>
>>55657523
The worst is the most we can do is to politely ask them to change it and hope they actually make it more secure. We can only audit if they changed it, not what they changed it to.
>>
>>55657468
To have encryption
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.